1994 Rocky Mountain Altitude

Re: Re:

cyclotoine":1nlai0k7 said:
so nice, I wonder about a silver stem though?

I've been playing with that idea as well. In fact, I think a titanium RaceFace would fit this bike nicely for sure.

Re: Re:

troje":287a7vey said:
cyclotoine":287a7vey said:
so nice, I wonder about a silver stem though?

I've been playing with that idea as well. In fact, I think a titanium RaceFace would fit this bike nicely for sure.

Titanium race face eh? =)

Got one 120mm if you are interested...

Another small update, this came in by mail today. Good ones are hard to find at an affordable price so I'm happy with this score. The 3rd generation ti post can move on to the '97 Altitude, looks great on that as well.

foto%25201%2520%252821%2529.JPG

Here's the updated spec sheet:

Frame: 1994 Rocky Mountain Altitude 19.5" with Tange Ultimate Superlight MTB tubing
Fork: Rock Shox Mag 21

Headset: Race Face RealSeal ahead 1.1/8"
Stem: Syncros Cattlehead
Handlebar: Syncros Titanium 3AL2.5V
Grips: Bontrager

Brakes: Shimano XTR BR-M900 front and rear
Brake Pads: Shimano XTR M900
Brake Levers: Dia Compe

Shifters: Shimano Deore XT-II SL-M732 shifting levers
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR FD-M901 28.6 top pull
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR RD-M900
Cassette: Shimano XTR CS-M900
Chain: Shimano IG
Cranks: Race Face Turbine LP Gold anodized 175mm
Chainrings: RaceFace 20-32-42
Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-UN91
Pedals: Shimano PD-M737 clipless

Hub Skewers: Shimano XTR M900
Rims: Araya RM395 TeamXC 32h
Hubs: Shimano FH-M900 and HB-M900
Front tyre: Tioga Psycho Edge 1.95
Rear tyre: Tioga Wonder Dawg 1.95

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Seatpost: Syncros Propost Titanium 2nd Gen 27.2 x 330mm

Time to rearrange the cockpit. I got a nice RaceFace Ti stem that should look great I think, and I want to replace the SS7's for SS5 levers. Also a good moment to cut the steerer to the right length, currently there are just too many spacers needed.

foto%25202%2520%252835%2529.JPG

troje":2lby3rc4 said:
Time to rearrange the cockpit. I got a nice RaceFace Ti stem that should look great I think, and I want to replace the SS7's for SS5 levers. Also a good moment to cut the steerer to the right length, currently there are just too many spacers needed.

foto%25202%2520%252835%2529.JPG

Oooooo nice stem! ;)

All those new Rockies around here on RB got me motivated to do some upgrades on my bike. I've rearranged the cockpit, finally installed the ti Raceface stem (thanks Shutter!) and all the headset spacers are now gone as I shortened the steerer tube by 1.9cm. Additionally I've swapped the Dia Compe SS7's for some nice new SS5's that I always wanted to have BITD but for some odd reason never got. Swapped the silver Syncros bar shim for a gold one, I think with all the other gold it should look at bit better.

Plenty of Ti now on this bike: Syncros ti steerer, RaceFace ti stem and Syncros ti seatpost. :cool:

Also got rid of the Rock Shox rubber sleeves, I know they're practical but doesn't she look a whole lot better without them? :D

I suppose this zero rise stem and shortened steerer tube will make this bike look and ride a lot more racy!

foto%25201%2520%25284%2529.JPG

foto%25202%2520%25283%2529.JPG

Re:

Very nice!! I popped the sticker off my levers... There are three "ringle" style holes under the sticker... Pretty cool looking!

Re: the '94

It's very nice, but I think the Syncros sten just looked right. I know the Ti post tough not to use, I'd like to see it with a black Syncros post and stem.

Back