1994 Rhygin Ra

Just read this article from 1994...

720.jpg

720.jpg

the coolness, resides in the fact that you've never heard of them (as well as the fabulous paint-job!)

Re:

The bike arrived in the Netherlands and after several chats with other Rhygin owners and checking all data, I think this is a 1994 Rhygin Team Custom like the one BIKE Magazine tested in 1994. The colour scheme is the same. And the same as some other Rhygin's I know of which are from 1994.
According to the seller the drivetrain is original on this bike. After stripping the bike the date stamps on the cranks are RI and RJ which indicate they were produced in september and october of 1993.
The bike doesn't have a serialnumber. Just like the one I know of which was purchased new by the original owner in 1994.
I know; it's not exact science, but all considered I call it a 1994 Rhygin!

Now about the name. The early Rhygin's were called Ra and after some years they were renamed as Juke. Hard to find any information on the exact date this happened. Love to chat with Christian Jones about that. In the article below from 1994, the bike is called a Team Custom. Probably because it was meant to be for their race team. I think all his bikes were custom made. So I'll stick with the name Ra for now. I'm willing to be corrected though.

Enough of the history of the bike. It's now time to start thinking of the future of it. Let's start building!

mtbdave":2dhplax8 said:
https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/361523034162

Some mtb magazine's here has Rhygin in the listing?

Saw that, but could not find it...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Small progress!

Tried the red ano parts I have, but had to conclude it's not my cup of tea! Will go for a silver/black build.

Here are the specs...

Frame: 1994 Rhygin Ra
Fork: Rock Shox Judy DH
Headset: Dia Compe Aheadset
Stem: Salsa
Bar: Answer Taperlite
Brake levers: ??
Brakes: Campagnolo Record OR or WTB Speedmaster
Shifters: thumbshifters Shimano Ultegra SL-BS64-8
Grips: ??
Front mech: NOS Shimano XT FD-M738
Rear mech: Shimano XT RD-M737
Hubs: Shimano XT M737
Hub skewers: Shimano XT
Rims: Mavic X517
Tires: Specialized Ground Control
Cranks: Topline
Cassette: -
Chain: -
Chainrings: -
Bottom Bracket: -
Pedals: -
Seatpost: American Classic
Saddle: Ritchey Vector Wings Titanium
Seatpost Binder: Rhygin

720.jpg

New parts.... :p :p

Topline crank and Campagnolo Record OR canti's...

720.jpg

720.jpg

And an American Classic seatpost with Ritchey Titanium Vector saddle..

720.jpg

720.jpg

Back