1994 Orange Clockwork

The Orange/White could be done. Still not sure on the colour, might have to put up a poll with some pics.

Decided that the F7 forks are going to be changed for some Pace RC35 (?). To me, Orange bikes go really well with Pace forks and other UK components, so think this is the route I'll take.

EarlofBarnet":1crv6v3u said:
The Orange/White could be done. Still not sure on the colour, might have to put up a poll with some pics.

Decided that the F7 forks are going to be changed for some Pace RC35 (?). To me, Orange bikes go really well with Pace forks and other UK components, so think this is the route I'll take.

Nooooo! I'd never tell anyone what they should do......but you should keep the F7's! They go so well, it'd be like bodger without badger or one of jedward going solo :LOL:

johnnyboy has a BRG one for sale at mountain mayhem. Looks mint!

However, I love this turquoise/silver fade - it's identical to my first clockwork and I think it's up there with the orange and white fade.
You don't see many in this colourway in good condition - it would be nice to see one restored in these original colours.

Got the Clockwork fully stripped now and the more modern parts have been sold.

Think the next step will be to sort the frame. Will have a crack with my local powder pagers who helped with some repairs on the 92 Stumpy I had, see if they can weld on a cable stop. Pretty sure it'll be no problem and I'll just need to provide them with the bit to weld on. They can then strip the frame for me and I can then prime it and paint. Going to paint it myself as ive done a few frames over the last year and have been reasonably happy with the results. Doing a fade job might be interesting though!

Orange and White is great on a Clockwork but when i did mine i went for an individual patern

SAM_0245.jpg

Also did my own thing with this E3, going to revise this though and take the orange at the rear further around the BB shell and the seat tube junction.

SAM_0249.jpg

SAM_0250.jpg

Getting tempted to see if I can get a cable stop welded on as neatly as possible and try and keep the original paint on the frame if I can. Will see what its like once the stop's on and make a decision then.

Can anyone help with suggestions on the spec for this Clockwork? Would Pace RC35 forks be in keeping? What about groupset?

technodup":28x7h5ud said:
Only colour scheme for a Clockwork is orange/white fade imo.

Nothing else comes close.

Oh go away ;) :LOL: :LOL:

+1 for racing green frame and forks.Silver wouldnt look as nice :?

10th anniversary was like a BRG in colour, there's one for sale on enay now and it does look nice. Can't seem to copy the pic though.

There's also some catalogue scans knocing about wityh original spec and colour options. Mine was matt black BITD, later had a p7 in the same colour but have a prestige now in silver that will def be Orange/White in the future.

Look forward to see how it turns out :cool:

I'm sure Orange named the BRG colour 'Eetcha greens' it was on year 2000 clockwork

mine was in 'blue moon' great colour too

1994 model - I would go for XT M737 - functionally brilliant and aesthetcially about as good as it gets (or got even).

Back