1994 Marin FRS Team

its stripped and cleaned and off the get its pivots and bushings replaced - needs a bottle cage boss replacing too

slowly assembling parts - Marin Lite Seatpost, Answer stem and headset all arrived

Springs for the rear shocks on the way too

Decals from Gil here already for after polishing!!

I loved building my chrome sunn vertik frame and looking for an alu frame I can polish up I also fitted springs in a set of manitou 2 forks worked great

Looking great so far

A little more of an update

Ive polished it up. Not mirror finish ass I want it to reflect some of the life it has had!

Its had new bushings all round and a spring kit front and rear. New seals and some boots too.

Full M737 with this one - shifters and brakes on the way

Just a saddle to get now!

Attachments

• 20201122_140629.jpg
    20201122_140629.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 204
  • 20201122_140623 (1).jpg
    20201122_140623 (1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 201
Re:

Quite the transformation! :cool:

You say you sent it away for new bushings, can you say where or who to? One of my ATXs’ needs new bushes as it rattles and shimmies like a well used bed frame!

Hi there! Do you know how to remove the rear suspension inside tube? I can't find the hole to use long hex. Please uploaded some photos! Cheers!

Hi BNJHLFC

Just isert the long hex into the black plastic spacer inside the tube! It does not have a seperate screw! The plastic is shaped to take the hex and you will turn the whole black plastic spacer to be screwed out! Cheers!

ddwsdd.jpg

Last edited:
Re:

A full strip down. Great, you get to know the bike better.

Worse case scenario is no buggy here. My main man Ringo got his repaired, the usual crack attack is the pivot bit.

Gonna be a good 'un.
Hello Marc, I have a MARIN PINE FRS from 1994. I would like to remove the pivot. What tools do you need? How to do? Where to buy the tool? Sincerely .Raphael

Attachments

• Inkedmarin pine FRS. 94_LI.jpg
    Inkedmarin pine FRS. 94_LI.jpg
    923.8 KB · Views: 7
Hello my friend.

If there is no onvious fixing in there....its a hollow tube/pin that pushes out.

Screenshot_20240404-092424_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ive not done the job myself but can honestly suggest using a similar diameter object and carefully knock it out. Maybe heat up to assist the process. The rear swing frame can crack 👌

Take a look for further details...

Back