1994 Lotus Monocoque; Meets it's maker.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":2i6djxcw said:
I preceded the red forks and silver stem myself, but then it not my bike :)

I would however say I really don't like the more stem, it screams out it's logos more than anything else on the bike.

That's it, its a lovely bike and the only other criticism I can think of is that it's not mine and it should be.

Honestly, I'm tending to agree with you. I just couldn't get paint to stick to the mag legs. After a few months, they looks awful with crazing. The pace should look much better for the forseeable future. I've not given up with the Rockshox, but with the paint issues, and the fact that the threaded alloy (!!) steerer wasn't happy, they had to go.

Agree with the stem too. I needed a period correct (ish) ahead stem, and this was all that I had, but a more subtle replacement is on the cards... might even just de-sticker it for now.

:D :D

Re:

Stem issues aside, have you considered a Magura on the the front? Would complete it for me...

And why the hell didn't Pace adopt/invent a quick-release mechanism for the RC100?

Re:

Kismet; " A power that is believed to control what happens in the future."

There's me, minding my own business, when a bike pops up for sale; One I've always wanted. The fella seems nice, a price is agreed, and we arrange to meet down in Brighton. Then, He then casually mentions....

"I designed the carbon monocoque bike that was sold here as the LotusSport mountain bike, so if you bring some SPD shoes you are welcome to take mine for a gentle spin around the block."

It was only Chris Hornzee-Jones, the guy that was responsible for the Lotus existing!! So, Bright and early, I set off this morning, and took my old friend with me to meet it's designer.

An all-round nice guy, Chris told us all about the project, how it came to be, and some of the details on how the bike was built. That's him on the left, with his pre-production model that he's been riding for the past 23 years.

Some bits of frame for testing;

Really, a top bloke with a passion for bikes.

:D :D

Re:

What a great re-union...of sorts. (maker meets bike etc)

When I took my Ozone CO2 along to Graham Foots shop he was as pleased to see his work still being used and cared for as I was to meet the maker/creator :D

On another note what did you buy off him... You never mentioned that bit,
Given the guys pedigree it wouldn't have been an Emmelle

Re:

that's a really cool bonus to having that bike having met him. :cool:

if i had the money and could find one i would get bone of these just for cool factor

Retro Spud":3r5zmv28 said:
On another note what did you buy off him... You never mentioned the bit,

you can just about see it in the last pic... :twisted:

My_Teenage_Self":1mv9ll55 said:
Retro Spud":1mv9ll55 said:

One of them funny downhill rigs that went on to ruin the XC scene...

San Andreas Mountain Cycle

Go whip yourself with birch twigs and freshly dug stinging nettles

Retro Spud":vox0domq said:
My_Teenage_Self":vox0domq said:
Retro Spud":vox0domq said:

One of them funny downhill rigs that went on to ruin the XC scene...

San Andreas Mountain Cycle

Go whip yourself with birch twigs and freshly dug stinging nettles

:LOL: :LOL:

I just can't help myself! From MBUK (i think) circa 1993; "More modern motorcycle technology than most modern Motorcycles."

Retro Spud":3qbxtv0a said:
Just been getting another Lotus fix.... this one’s long over due an update

Definitely

Latest posts

Back