1994 Kona Fire Moutain - what's it worth?

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys & Girls.

I need to have a rationalisation as I'm running out of room in the shed and I think my Kona's going to have to go.

It's a '94 Fire Mountain in cherry red.
Project 2 forks in silver. Stem has been swapped out for a Girvin Flex-Stem.
Original 7 speed STX mechs and thumb shifters with new cables and in excellent working order.
New 12-32 cassette & chain.
Original rims and Parallax hubs with Conti Mountain King 2.2 tyres.
Brakes have been swapped out for Avid Arch Rivals with SD7 levers and new cables.
Chainset has been swapped out for a Middleburn Duo chainset which is spinning on a new Shimano (UN55 I think) bottom bracket.

Included with the bike will be the original stem, cantis, chainset and brake levers, as well as a set of Tektro V-brakes. Also included will be the seat post clamp and the rear brake cable guide that sits round the seat tube top should the new owner want to put he cantis back on.

I've been riding as my first choice bike for about 18 months and it's had a decent ragging round the Cotswolds, just about keeping up with the guys I ride with who are on modern full sus stuff. It climbs like a goat :)

I haven't a clue what it's worth, and will be sorry to see it go. Any ideas what I should consider asking for it? Will try and take a couple of pics once it stops persisting it down.

Re:

I have no real idea what the bikes worth, but I picked up a very good condition hahannah recently for £50.
However I'm just wondering what size frame the fire mountain is, and how much you were thinking of for the bike. I had the same bike as a child and fancy reliving my youth.

The frame is 16" CtoC and 18" centre to the top of the extended seat tube.

I'd be looking for significantly more than £50! The brakes and chainset alone were more than that. The other option is I return it to original and flog the bits, but it rides so well as is now...

Re:

Yeah I appreciate it's got higher end components on than the standard hahannah I purchased. Perfect size for me. How much did you have in mind standard or with the expensive parts fitted.

I don't know: see post title ;-)

There's a Hahannah on the bay of flea at the moment in standard trim but with better paint listed at £175 and another at £150. Given this I reckon £140 in standard trim would be fairish and £220 with upgraded chainset, brakes and levers. But again, the purpose of the post was to see what folk thought.

If you're seriously interested I'll post pics tomorrow. It's stopped persisting but it's now dark!

Re:

Figured you probably had a price you wanted regardless of what people say its worth though. Would be interested in seeing pictures.
The hahannah at £175 is newer, but it's the model below the fire mountain, it's the 94/95 ones I like, just the colourway and decals look smart.
There's also a very smart 95 lava dome in orange for £185.

Couple of things.

First. You’re in general chat. You should be here -> viewforum.php?f=78

Secondly, you cannot compare an ebay listing with what you have and pluck a number out of the air because you reckon what you have is better.

Put a for sale ad up on the FOR SALE section. If you don’t get any takers you’re pisssing into the wind with your valuation.

Absolute chancer.

regan_ev":itvx7yt8 said:
Couple of things.

First. You’re in general chat. You should be here -> viewforum.php?f=78

Secondly, you cannot compare an ebay listing with what you have and pluck a number out of the air because you reckon what you have is better.

Both points taken, thank you. I'll update accordingly.

Latest posts

Back