1994 GT Zaskar Aqua: new pics on page 9

Re:

Thanks guys :D

This frame came in ball burnished, aqua, purple, black and other colours in the later years

Oh and the levers are diacompe

Sean

Re:

V.nice.
Question time :)
How tough is the anodising on these frames? Does it take much to mark them?

When did GT stop making the BB Zaskar? Was it when they outsourced the frame making to Taiwan?

Also, I like those RockShox, they go really well with the frame, are they plated or anodised?

Re:

I think the Last year they made the ball burnished zaskar was 98 or 99 And 2000 they became Taiwan made frames. gm1230126 is usually the man to ask on everything gt related :LOL:

Sean

Re:

Sounds about right to me. Shame really, makes them less desirable imo, being made in country typically known for making cheap plastic toys.

I kinda like the idea of a coarse, sweaty Yank welding up bike frames, occasionally spitting out chewing tobacco and once complete jump up and down shouting "YEEHAW!" while unloading twin revolvers into the ceiling.

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":3ck35dvf said:
I think the Last year they made the ball burnished zaskar was 98 or 99 And 2000 they became Taiwan made frames. gm1230126 is usually the man to ask on everything gt related :LOL:

Sean

I think that's correct Sean. My "99" LE

drpa.jpg

7t24.jpg

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Aqua: Here we go again.....

Oy, you and barney are making my head hurt!

I really liked the direction you were taking this build initially. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Re:

@smithjss70 your serial number indicates march 98. You got a link to the build thread? :cool:

@dirttorpedo don't worry it won't be changing hands again :LOL:
....I built the ball burnished frame with the parts originally intended for this bike so it'll be built a bit differently this time

Sean

Re: Re:

therealjaxon":141aqch5 said:
Sounds about right to me. Shame really, makes them less desirable imo, being made in country typically known for making cheap plastic toys.

I kinda like the idea of a coarse, sweaty Yank welding up bike frames, occasionally spitting out chewing tobacco and once complete jump up and down shouting "YEEHAW!" while unloading twin revolvers into the ceiling.

:LOL: Priceless. I believe the Zaskars were welded in California. I would imagine that after welding they'd say "Dude" and drink a wheat grass smoothie. Now my Edge was welded in Colorado and your scenario is much more likely.

therealjaxon":141aqch5 said:
V.nice.
Question time :)

How tough is the anodising on these frames? Does it take much to mark them?

When did GT stop making the BB Zaskar? Was it when they outsourced the frame making to Taiwan?

Also, I like those RockShox, they go really well with the frame, are they plated or anodised?

I think the anno is pretty strong, but my Ink blue anno is faded, scratched, pitted and partially rub off after almost 20 years of hard use.

Latest posts

Back