1994 GT Zaskar Aqua: new pics on page 9

@phatmar: Cheers, and Yeah they were originally in the volvo colours. they are cannondale p bones :)

@dirttorpedo: the 96 was sold new with v brakes but still had the canti stop

Sean

Re:

Got some xt m739 v brakes and they look great on the zaskar. The only problem is the they don't fit on the forks either, But for a different reason. which is the pads no matter how adjusted don't reach the rim, they clamp onto the tyre.....

I think the only way is to go back to cantilevers, which isn't really what I want to do but I've ran xt m737 and xtr m900 on these forks without issue. Weird really when these forks are designed for use with v brakes :?

Another picture update soon, hopefully :D

Sean

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Aqua

therealjaxon":255vsoia said:
gm1230126":255vsoia said:
Might as well put on an A2Z adapter and some junkie discs while you're at it.

Maybe you will end up doing this then! :LOL:

As If!

with a bit of persuasion and careful adjustment ive got the v brakes to fit. a set of earlier XT cantilevers also arrived for me this morning, so now my dilemma is which ones to use. i am leaning a little towards the cantis and i do prefer the m735 style to the later m737

Attachments

• IMG_0412.JPG
    IMG_0412.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 746
  • IMG_0426.JPG
    IMG_0426.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 746
Re: Re:

therealjaxon":ykt1lxy0 said:
Canti's get my vote :)

i think im with you. ive got them on the bike now, and they just make it look so much more 'retro'

the spring tension of the V's arent too good on those forks, but its not an issue with the cantilevers. i got a fork mounted kona style canti stop on the way and two of the rocker types to see which i get on with the best

Sean

Very odd about the v'brakes. I ran similar v-brakes on my Zaskar until I rebuilt it with 94 vintage xt and lx stuff. I found those old school v-brakes to be quite fragile - lost posts on two of them and I found them tougher to fit on bikes running modern rims like rhynolites.

Latest posts

Back