1994 BRODIE SOVEREIGN

Re: 1994 BRODIE SOVEREIGN - finished pics on page 3 & 4

looking good adrian! just the the colour of those cranks that are not doing it for me. :?

Despite being a short 5 mile loop with dogs in tow, I managed to put the Brodie through it's paces last night. What a joy it was to ride :D A typical west Cornwall route of deep rutted farm tracks, rock strewn single track and open moorland was the order of the day. It was nimble and well balanced on the climbs, very fast on the flat sections (well as fast as I could go!) and on the downhill it was flawless. The main descent was a narrow path which twisted every which way and was littered with rocks with plenty of potential for punctures and bent wheels. I felt in control the whole way down and don't think I would've been much faster on my more modern hardtail with suspension forks.
Despite being almost 20 years old it still has that responsive springy feel that you only get from a quality steel ride. I love it :D

dscf5956d.jpg

dscf5981z.jpg

dscf5980w.jpg

94 Sovereign had a noodle and downtube derailleur cables. They switched to the formed brake guide and under the top tube derailleur cables in 95. Probably a 95 frame painted by Harald in late 94?

FMJ":13r40nbe said:
94 Sovereign had a noodle and downtube derailleur cables. They switched to the formed brake guide and under the top tube derailleur cables in 95. Probably a 95 frame painted by Harald in late 94?

I was a bit uncertain myself but the man himself confirmed it was built January 1994 and said the frame design changes were often implemented as and when, rather than waiting for the next years bikes to be released.

Replaced the silver Ti skewers for some black ones, gold WCS pedals swapped for some mint black ones and just for you Frank, black RF cranks ;) . Got it a bit muddy this afternoon too :D

bv8j.jpg

lgc3.jpg

ja7h.jpg

Stealthy... like it... LOTS, and the mud just finished the whole ensemble off perfectly.

loving that lots, nice addition of the black parts, I for one miss the "Gold cranks"

:D

Any close up of the Black Ritchey Skewers. Did you go for Ritchey foam grips? :)

glad to see the gold RF gone, but needs more gold accents i think and it would like perfect! ;)

Back