1994 Aqua Blue Zaskar LE- FINISHED (Photos page 6)

Re: Calling all GT experts; I have a Zaskar question!

The original decals around 94 had a pattern of lines within the letters.
Last time I enquired Gil can repro the decal but without these lines.
So you'll have to decided between authentic and tatty or tidy but slightly different.

I removed decals from my blue ano using a heat gun, very gently, and they peel off easy, clean with cellulose thinners, no frame damage, no discolouration underneth (no fading).
Interested that yours has machined out drop outs, mine are solid. My frame is 06934268.
My original decals were blue on yellow. Ive replaced with black on white off ebay £10, great quality and he sends spare ones also.

beves":2ac63vud said:
I removed decals from my blue ano using a heat gun, very gently, and they peel off easy, clean with cellulose thinners, no frame damage, no discolouration underneth (no fading).
Interested that yours has machined out drop outs, mine are solid. My frame is 06934268.

Most probably cus yours is a '93 not '94 ;) and no need for a heatgun if you have fingernails :p

Fingernails.... tried it, would have took ages, took 5 mins to remove all with a little heat. Read on here also that year No. on frame is -1 from prod year , ie 93 is really a 94 prod?

beves":3pisbcon said:
Fingernails.... tried it, would have took ages, took 5 mins to remove all with a little heat. Read on here also that year No. on frame is -1 from prod year , ie 93 is really a 94 prod?

mine is a '94 and was made in '94... same with this one ;)

check the catalogue scans

sean :)

Attachments

• 1994 GT Zaskar.jpg
    1994 GT Zaskar.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 270
Re: 1994 Aqua Blue Zaskar LE

OK.

Time to update this to a proper build thread.

Here's the frame in all it's glory:

f71f6bb4-a4ef-4e3b-a5f9-54a159242998.jpg

I have a full X737 groupset to go on it along with a Bologna Lite fork winging it's way to me.

……………and so it begins…..again! :D

Zaskars! they're like buses :mrgreen:

Mine is August 93 number for 94 Model year. No machined dropouts.

I'm not sure if they stockpiled frames towards the end of the year to go out early 94 or if the 94 model was in the shops for Xmas 93. I have seen differences in decals/dropouts in same year models.

cherrybomb":2yv1vdvc said:
Zaskars! they're like buses :mrgreen:

You are indeed correct on that one, ive just acquired one, i think it was originally anno purple, but now its faded to almost pink lol

Back