1993 StumpJumper M2 Rigid - 18" Frame - Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex - Ebay from £120

Repacker

Specialized Fan

Not much original on this one, but a great frame colour and era

Original:
Chainset, front and rear mechs, maybe seatpost
Left side brifter, right side brake lever

Non original:
Forks changed for Orange ones ; original would have been 1 inch threaded rigid
Suspension stem - could that be a threaded steerer, if not then headset changed too
Bars
Right side shifter swapped out, maybe this is now 8 speed as original would have been 7 speed
Brakes, tyres, wheels
pedals
Saddle

1676537042315.png

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bit all over the shop indeed spec wise but could be a good project that if the price is low.

That stem is a pukka Softride version and definitely a quill fitment. They're becoming worth a few quid on their own these days :)

Last edited:
Not too far from me. I emailed the seller a couple of questions about this yesterday but yet to hear back....mainly top tube length. Quite fancy doing a period build of this era.

I've bought bikes from these guys before. They're pretty straight up and easy to deal with. They do a lot of house clearances and sell a lot of bikes. They had a mint Roberts touring bike once.

I've bought bikes from these guys before. They're pretty straight up and easy to deal with. They do a lot of house clearances and sell a lot of bikes. They had a mint Roberts touring bike once.
Ta, I will ask them if they have anything else worth looking at

Ta, I will ask them if they have anything else worth looking at
You'll be able to check the big pile of bikes when you get there! I bought a really nice Cannondale M800 and an old raleigh Mirage with almost new original Panaracer smokes. They're a little more clued up now, they usually start all the bike auctions at 35 quid or so.

Back