1993 S-bike 503

Mod-Master

Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Just thought I’d get this thread started now as it is currently in Transit thanks to another retrobiker

I’m thinking of maybe do a bit of a commuter build with a rack and Vetta gel saddle

I’d say this for upgrades

Blue toe clips
White cable housing
Either bullhorn bars with white bar tape or black repro odi attacks
Vetta lite/gel/ti saddle
It would be nice to have a saddle mounted bottle cage with a white zefal zebra stripe bottle cage.
Non original stem currently on it so will maybe replace it with a girvin flexstem
Matching wtb velociraptor rear tyre
Kool stop eagle 2/city brake blocks

8D886AB9-1C22-4308-851F-B546F17140CF.png
In the very unlikely event that transport is available and we’re not on holiday you’ll be seeing me at the malvern show’n’shine

Thanks for looking

I can confirm Flexstems work well with the SBike and as they are so light they are really nimble (have a look at my 506 in my signature)

Yeah paint looks vibrant and nice.

Though there is some chainslap marks on the e-stay

Does anyone make e-stay protectors?🤔

Edit the chain has completely rubbed through the paint

Are you sure that is from the chain and not from heel rub? (Hard to see exactly where it is on the zoomed in photo).

As I said in the for sale thread, it has the same drop-outs and braces as my frame, which I guess they introduced in 1993. I did have an SBike stem in that matching colour, but since the previous owner had the frame powdercoated I got the stem powdercoated black for my build.

Back