1993 Roberts DOGSBOLX SE

Re:

A couple of small parts came in today that I wanted to get in ASAP due to availability diminishing.

p5pb15758766.jpg

Ritchey Logic 1" Headset

p5pb15758767.jpg

BBB 580mm Handlebar

The Handlebar won't be a keeper long term but will do for getting the bike built and riding if nothing more appropriate becomes available in the meantime. If anyone is selling a black Bontrager (Titec) or Ritchey Handlebar in decent condition then I would be really interested for this build.

Re:

I am the very last person to make comment on an individuals choice of build, but I do think it is a shame you did away with the SE paint. Was yours white with metallic green chainstays? I know this was not a paint scheme confined only to the SE as my 92 DOGS was originally white / green and I confirmed a long time ago that it was not an SE. However those colours did mark the frame out as being just a little bit special. That said, your bike, your build, your choices.

90's DOGS take very well to modern running gear, I run mine 2 x 10 SRAM and have ridden hundreds of offroad miles since having the same work done as you, they are a superb do everything, go anywhere bike and I would not be without mine for anything.

Looking forward to seeing how your build goes.

Re:

From new I had it painted in the classic white/black as it is now but the decals were in the less blocky style. A little time after I changed to the metallic silver/blue which was probably my favourite and was the paint job MBUK featured in their SE review that Justin Lorentz rode.

Re: Re:

AlexTemper":2mgnttnv said:
From new I had it painted in the classic white/black as it is now but the decals were in the less blocky style. A little time after I changed to the metallic silver/blue which was probably my favourite and was the paint job MBUK featured in their SE review that Justin Lorentz rode.

So, back to how it was when you first had it, cool.

Re:

Great frame, great project. Wouldn’t be without my DOGS.
Now have a 2009 DOGSBOLX disc frame to build up with more modern componentry- just need to pull my finger out!
Following this one!

NeilM":1c8jcyvj said:
AlexTemper":1c8jcyvj said:

So, back to how it was when you first had it, cool.
Figured it would be cool to go back to the classic colours. Great to hear yours still gets a lot of use.

MatBH5":1n66arrq said:
Great frame, great project. Wouldn’t be without my DOGS.
Now have a 2009 DOGSBOLX disc frame to build up with more modern componentry- just need to pull my finger out!
Following this one!
That should be interesting to ride. Are you running a thread for it.

Hoping to collect the frame in the next week or so but in the meantime I came across a spare saddle I had forgotten about while sorting and cleaning up some parts for a new non retro build - a Bird Aeris AM9 for anyone into 29er FS bikes.

p5pb15774632.jpg

p5pb15774633.jpg

A Bontrager Evoke carbon railed saddle which I use on all of my modern bikes and I will use to get the build up and running. Long term a Selle Italia Flite Titanium saddle will be the way to go.

Back