1993 Orange Prestige.

Re: Re:

jimo746":2gpteozp said:
:LOL: there's actually still a few dings in the downtube, the wall thickness of the tubes is literally paper thin I think :shock:

I have one myself. I take great care of it when I even look at it. The Prestige comes out maybe once a year for a light ride hehe.

I've been thinking of selling mine, see it in my signature.

Re:

Fitted some front "Boing!" to the Prestige the other day, not as simple a job as I first thought :facepalm: , it involves taking the brake adapters off and swapping them around, bit of a faff, so I think the rigid fork legs will stay in the spares box until winter comes around again.

I'm only getting around 20mm of travel from the RC-35's, should be more like 45mm?? They've had "NOS" Firm elastomers fitted recently and seem to work nicely, but I'm just not getting the travel I expected.
Is it the Firm elastomers? (I weigh around 170lbs), or do they just need a few rides to "loosen up" a bit??
I gave the bike some abuse today out on the trails, so I would have expected to have used up all the travel...

Anyway, Pics...

Re: 1993 Orange Prestige - Update 2/6

Really like this build, I particularly like this paint scheme Orange did with the prestige. Anyway thanks for sharing definitely a bike for the bucket list!

Thanks. Got a few oranges, unfortunately I also had an Orange elite 1992 frame with a tiny crack, and a e3 bike also with a cracks, so frames now just decorative now in garage. But yes would like a prestige, I would probably only go for the same colour as yours or an Orange and purple one. Years between 92-94. But have still got to build my alloy o and dynamo up. Anyways yours is a cracker, enjoyed your build. :) Calum

Jimo746 I have luckily managed to buy a prestige 93 frame and forks in the same colour scheme here on retrobike. Very excited to get it built up. Hopefully I can do it justice, if it's anywhere near as good as your I will be pleased!!

Bob jacksons did the paint job on this one, it took about 4 weeks to turn it around but worth the wait. The finish is A1. It was however in need of a full rebuild

Back