1993 Lotus Sport Monocoque

PeachyPM":yn9r23k0 said:
Loving this.... I know photos sometimes flatter, but even so, this is looking superb.

It looks alot worse in the photo's infact as the light shows every little imperfection..I haven't doctored the photo's at all but it still needs alot of work

PeachyPM":3bz24asn said:
Loving this.... I know photos sometimes flatter, but even so, this is looking superb.

It so shinny it looks wet, it’s one of those frames that makes you want to stroke it and let your fingers run along those contours

Retro Spud":317ap8wi said:
PeachyPM":317ap8wi said:

It so shinny it looks wet, it’s one of those frames that makes you want to stroke it and let your fingers run along those contours

Steady on Spud!!....(although sanding it does have a certain pleasure to it ;) )

yakboy":3lwtnpko said:
Retro Spud":3lwtnpko said:
PeachyPM":3lwtnpko said:

Steady on Spud!!....(although sanding it does have a certain pleasure to it ;) )

Lol

I said it looks wet - rather than it made me moist ! :D but it is rather nice

When I want summ’t moist, I order mushy peas

Re:

Bugger!! Found a little crack in the clearcoat when polishing, it's not structural but looks like the original sanded paint has lifted. Tried to repair the crack with clear coat (see picture) but when I depress either side with my nail you can see the paint moving and the crack opens up again, it's only 15mm and is hardly noticeable but I know it's there so I'm going to have to strip out that bit of paint and redo it!! It was all going so well and I was feeling a bit smug as to how good it looked (that'll teach me :facepalm: :roll: )

31746422657_c95121fe8e_c.jpg

Cant you try fine super glue? capilery fed into the gap, then cut back with 1000 grit before wiffing over with laquer again?

Re:

I can see about 1mm around the crack is flexing so in reality it's about a 3mm wide area. As nothing is built up on the frame I'd rather be belt and braces to start with

Re: Re:

yakboy":1i4ntomw said:
I can see about 1mm around the crack is flexing so in reality it's about a 3mm wide area. As nothing is built up on the frame I'd rather be belt and braces to start with

you do right....

Re:

OK, In for a penny and all that, dug out around the crack down to the carbon below, the carbon is intact(phew) so it's just a case of building the paint back up in layers and then trying to blend it in as best I can. I have touch up paint which will do the trick, just need to be patient again

39723975713_7f513887f5_c.jpg

Back