49.2 KB · Views: 1,189
  • IMG_2038.JPG
    IMG_2038.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,189
  • IMG_2039.JPG
    IMG_2039.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,189
Re:

Thanks all - starting to gain momentum to finally finish the build and get out on the trails. More items on the way!

Re: 93' Kona Hot by TET

@TheElectronKid, yes all steel frame, Tange Prestige Concept with Ultrastrong ribbed downtube

Re:

Cheers for the info on the steel frame, I should really have looked it up before asking.
Nice collection of parts, look forward to seeing some pics of the final build.

Re: 1993 Kona Hot - Red Fade

Well it's about time that I revived this thread and update it 8 months on down the line.

After my last post, Judd on here from Canada got in touch, and kindly offered me a hard to come by Kona Brake booster. Over the course of the year we’ve since exchanged a lot about Konas during which he also came across a 93’ Hot in Canada. I’m enormously grateful for his communication and this is what is great about RB.

The big move for the frame was deciding to go ahead, or not, with a paint restoration to the rear triangle which was heavily paint chipped (see photos beginning of the year)
I didn’t want to go anywhere near a total re-spray of the main frame since of course the whole interest (and value) of this Hot was the custom paint nor did it need it.
The choice was either clear lacquer to seal from the weather, or have the paint expertly blown in and match - I decided to go for it and
approached Ooey Custom in Camberley, which I hope you will agree did a cracking job.

None of the other tubing to the frame was touched, which was in fantastic condition including the fade itself, which revealed itself after a rub of G3 Farecla has been lightly applied. It really took away the remnants of scratched varnish to reveal a sheen and highly recommend it.
The blemishes on the top tube, photographed earlier, amazingly also disappeared which I had earlier feared was a permeant frame rub from a clumsy bike lock or even shipping from the States with a brake strapped bare to it. It all lifted off!

A 19” P2 1993 fork was also found in the Summer from a 19" donor Cindercone. Soon I hope, I should be all set.

Attachments

• IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 905
  • IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 905
Re:

Photos of some more components found for the build including Duke's Kona Horse Shoe and Steve (WoodyUk's) Kona Light Handlebars taken from his previous Hot.

Attachments

• IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 890
  • IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 890
Back