1993 GT RTS-1. A project is born.

boxxer":1o6wyge9 said:
The "thermonuclear protection" sticker is an Oakley one and is rarer than the XTR ones that were on the main frame

Unfortunately the 'Thermonuclear Protection' hasn't stopped the rear black paint from lifting and the surface rust appearing :LOL:

Still got the shifter units buddy if you want them ?

boxxer":1553i6b9 said:
The "thermonuclear protection" sticker is an Oakley one and is rarer than the XTR ones that were on the main frame
True, but they don't make the bike look any better IMHO and despite their rarity, need to go. They aren't original to the bike anyway and it sounds like a period/catalogue-esque build is on the cards.

I'll check what rear decals I have, the rocker tuned decals I have may be black though.

Gil has the rts 1 decals on file though as he made some custom ones for me for a black one I had.

Re:

The rear triangle can't be left as it is so rare or not, the decals will be going. I'll contact Gil to see what he's got.

Cheers Tim. I'll be in contact to see if you still have them when I've got some cash! :facepalm: :LOL:

Re:

Brief update. Not much has changed but I have bagged these Rockshox that are in great condition. :cool:

Attachments

• WP_20151007_010.jpg
    WP_20151007_010.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 415
  • WP_20151007_009.jpg
    WP_20151007_009.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 415
This is going to be amazing, more progress needed though ;)

Seriously though your a man of impeccable taste.

Re:

Cheers mate, I seem to be deviating from my well trodden Orange path. It'll be slow going though as M900 kit is way expensive so will be gathered over time.

I don't have much left in the way of m900 kit but if you wanted some aftermarket m900 cable oilers (and let's be honest, anything that can be done to improve the shifting performance should be done), I have a new set (not middleburn style, designed to fit at the shifter). I can donate an m900 crank decal I bought, it's a transfer rather than a sticker so perfect to replace a worn one on the crank. If you think it will be any use I can send it to you.

This looks like it will be something special.

Looking forward to seeing its progress.

Ahhh, that feeling of a new project :)

Great idea for jump-starting an interest in building again. I think everyone must a 'GT RTS-1' bike lurking in the back of their minds. Mine would probably a Nishiki Alien FS that I remember from the first issue of MBA that I bought.

Good luck!

Back