1993 GT Borrego - Gentlemens Green

ringo":xyczt9s5 said:
Rob

If you desparately want a cream GT, please don't use the Borrego - you can have that Timberline frame of mine! (or at least swop it for four gold M5 bolts!) :D :D :D

It's only talk at the moment....

When I'm out and about next week I'm going to pop into Triple S and see what colours they have.

I passed on that Timberline once, you know that!!

I've been thinking about this too much. I've now got a urge to paint it darkish brown with a gold metal flake lacquer.

Then some brownwall Conti's. :)

hi
is there an easy way to get those great long handlebar grips off? without wrecking them that is. it's hard enough getting regular short ones off. :oops:
thanks
roy

Retro_Roy":26ptdshp said:
hi
is there an easy way to get those great long handlebar grips off? without wrecking them that is. it's hard enough getting regular short ones off. :oops:
thanks
roy

Not tried it yet but my favourite method is squirting any sort of lube inside the grips from both ends (using a soft bit of plastic to shove down the grip first to make a "tunnel" for the lube to travel down) and wrestling it back and forth until it pops off.

No good if it's bee glued on though. :-(

Not tried it yet but my favourite method is squirting any sort of lube inside the grips from both ends (using a soft bit of plastic to shove down the grip first to make a "tunnel" for the lube to travel down) and wrestling it back and forth until it pops off.

Ditto above - works like a charm...

bucket of hot water roy , stick the bars in it usually enough to free them up
now about this cannondale .......

Just been to Triple S powdercoaters and they charge £110 for frame and forks in a metallic green similar to the original finish. :shock:

A normal finish would be about £80. Crikey!

So, looking at other options, duh!!

Nice to see another GT Borrego I bought My 16" Borrego New in 1993 and Still use it everyday to get to the Train Station for Work.

Infact I found this Forum By Doing a Search on my Borrego and Found Your Post

I have Just Stripped off alot of the Parts as they were very Worn But So Bits Are Still Good.

I was Thinking about Using My Gt Arrowhead for the Station Ride but The Borrego has done me Proud over the Years and i can't Retire it :D

I may Use the Arrowhead and Do Up the Borrego in a few years.

Craig

Back