1993 Cannondale M800 Beast of the East

yeti_bomb

Senior Retro Guru
Finally found a good condition BOTE. I road one of these from 1995-1998, been missing the Beast! This one has a lot of the original parts though I do not plan on keeping it OG. I want a Nuke Proof hub wheelset and some other fun things. But this will be a fun ride. Keeping in line with my deep love of fat aluminium tube trail bikes.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,568
  • unnamed (6).jpg
    unnamed (6).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,566
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,566
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,565
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,565
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,566
Re:

Thanks. My first real bike was a 1993 Trek 8000, then I traded for a C-Dale. Rode the hell out of including street trials. Had three cracks in it but they never caused me any trouble. Some of my best memories were on that bike. Had it the first year I lived in Santa Cruz.

I need a shorter stem, way long for me. Maybe a Atac with a bit of rise. Just missed one on ebay...

Re:

I have been looking at your Beast for awhile. I found it inspiring. Also liked that SE2000 you use have.

Re:

Playing around with some options. Stem just way too long. Also not sure I'm keeping it geared.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,466
Re: Re:

yeti_bomb":2h883zo9 said:
I have been looking at your Beast for awhile. I found it inspiring. Also liked that SE2000 you use have.
Thanks. Here is the pic of it with the ATAC

Attachments

• IMG_2409sm.JPG
    IMG_2409sm.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 1,453
Re:

Finally starting to figure out a direction to go with in this build. Single speed with a Melvin tensioner. Mixture of Raceface cranks seat post and bar. Need to figure out if I'm keeping the fork or swapping for a Z2 or something. Maybe old Manitou. Also wheelset XT hubs Mavic 231. Badly need a shorter stem.

Re:

Couple of pics. Think I'm going as a seven speed. Xt rear with thumb shifter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,312
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,312
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,312
Back