1992 Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..." (Full Spec page 5)

Re: 1992 Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..."

Brent Trimble":3sft6yjc said:
i'm pretty certain the original owner of that Trimble was a member of this site many years ago. It looks very much like it. Gil m has excellent decals for them. An unusual frame number.
Look after it. Not many left
Yeah it was "julianG" who I bought it from (there's a link on the first page to a thread where he posted pic's in 200:cool:. The story I got from Julian was that his mate raced for Cook Brothers and the frame was supplied to the team, which could explain the odd frame number. When I get the bike finished I promised to send him some pic's and will ask more about the history then. It's in safe hands I'll take care of it :D .

Re:

Ok so it's been waaaay too long since I updated this thread but the bike is now finished and finally got some decent pic's of it to post. Will hopefully get out for a wee ride in the next couple of days and take some ride pic's too. So without further ado, here it is.

Attachments

• Finished 7.jpg
    Finished 7.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 694
  • Finished 6.jpg
    Finished 6.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 693
  • Finished 5.jpg
    Finished 5.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 693
  • Finished 4.jpg
    Finished 4.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 693
  • Finished 3.jpg
    Finished 3.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 693
  • Finished 2.jpg
    Finished 2.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 694
  • Finished 1.jpg
    Finished 1.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 694
Re: Re:

Vinevo":2wt5r1hc said:
Very nicely executed :cool:

I've missed 2 since this one sold, one day!
Cheers, i'm pleased with how it looks. Not a pristine resto but once I started working on it I realised that keeping it original was how it needed to be done. Hang on in there i'm sure you'll get one sooner or later :D

Re: 1992 Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..." (Finished 03.09.14)

lovely clean build. Somehow the big angular Manitou suits the clean lines of the rest of the bike. Love it.

Re: 1992 Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..." (Finished 03.09.14)

secret_squirrel":3mwihgmv said:
lovely clean build. Somehow the big angular Manitou suits the clean lines of the rest of the bike. Love it.
Thanks, I didn't need to change much really as the bones of a good bike were already there. I'll get a full spec sheet posted shortly.

Re: Re:

Vinevo":2tihajsy said:
Did you see the bare frame one on US eBay the other week?
Yeah just did a search for it to remind myself what it looked like, not very pretty in the raw :LOL: . That was one of the older U-brake ones.

Re:

Managed to get out with the bike for a wee jaunt along the Forth & Clyde towpath today. The bike rides very nicely and fits perfectly, glad I fitted the shorter stem. Couple of pic's taken along the way :D .

Attachments

• First Ride 3.jpg
    First Ride 3.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 611
  • First Ride 2.jpg
    First Ride 2.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 611
  • First Ride 1.jpg
    First Ride 1.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 611
Re: 1992 Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..." (First Ride 12.10.14)

I'm not really a Trimble fan tbh as they are a bit too space age for my tastes, but I have to say you've pulled off another very nice and tasteful build Col. You really do seem to have an eye for this lark. :LOL:

Back