1992 Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..." (Full Spec page 5)

Re: 199? Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..."

This bike is in the thread jez started that's linked, either that or this bike has a doppelgänger!

Re: Re:

andyz":1gw6sdlx said:
That looks so much nicer with all the extraneous junk removed!
NeilM":1gw6sdlx said:
Nicely done.

That really did start out as what my late father would have called a 'glory hallelujah done up ugly'. It is looking vastly improved already.

I'm another who will be watching this with interest.
Totally agree, didn't take much to change its appearance.

Lid":1gw6sdlx said:
Tintin40 (or Duckboard Tony) is the Trimble man...though not seen him around much. I believe he has four of them and did a 24 lb build once.
Jez_4_bikes_maz (the infamous one) did a great rebuild on his tiger. In this thread you will find a pic of......your bike:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24586&hilit=trimble
Cheers Lid some good info and pics there. I think my one is a 92 model but still to confirm this, dunno if the frame number will help confirm this? "CNC27X".

Vinevo":1gw6sdlx said:
Signing up for progress trying not to be too jealous! :mrgreen:
If it's any consolation there's a bit of pressure to do this one justice.

24pouces":1gw6sdlx said:
So cool !
I have never seen such a cook bros spider !
And how lucky you are ! your Manitou is a pre-Answer !
The reason you've never seen a Cook Bros spider like that is it appears to be a one off that's been fabricated by someone in the bikes past (it's a bit rough around the edges), i'll try and get some more info from the previous owner.

jonrock":1gw6sdlx said:
Good work!

Nice to see some pedigree..

J
Cheers but i've hardly done anything yet :LOL:

boxxer":1gw6sdlx said:
This bike is in the thread jez started that's linked, either that or this bike has a doppelgänger!
Yeah it's definitely the same bike :D

Re:

Got the bike stripped down earlier in the week and been cleaning up the parts and assessing what I can save and what needs replacing. The frame is in good nick but the paint has seen better days with quite a few chips and areas of flaking. I'm not going to get it resprayed for now, just going to touch up the worst of it, but will make some enquiries about costs of various finishes for a future respray.
I've stripped down the forks too and ordered replacement elastomers as the originals have turned in to something resembling candle wax :LOL: .

Attachments

• Stripped Manitou.jpg
    Stripped Manitou.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 537
  • Manitou 1.jpg
    Manitou 1.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 536
  • Frame number.jpg
    Frame number.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 536
  • Frame top.jpg
    Frame top.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 537
  • Frame.jpg
    Frame.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 537
Re: Re:

DynaCol":2mj5at6a said:
I've stripped down the forks too and ordered replacement elastomers as the originals have turned in to something resembling candle wax :LOL: .
I have bought some pace microcellular elastomers for my Manitou : They are really better than the original bumpers…
:D

Re: 199? Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..."

Hotwheels.":p19ufnx1 said:
Come on then, what's the frame weigh? :)
1698g according to my digital kitchen scales.

Back