1992 Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..." (Full Spec page 5)

Re: 199? Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..."

Crus":3230c0l1 said:
Starting to be jealous....
Reading through the list of bikes in your signature I think it should be me that's jealous :LOL:

Re:

Cool bike! Leave the paint if you can, they're only original once.

The turned down rear end suggests a 'suspension corrected' frame, later cable guides.

Has anyone pointed out that the fork looks to be a Doug Bradbury Manitou (and not an Answer Manitou I)?

Shouldn't take much to make the bike fully rad.

Re: Re:

rumpfy":w5fo04hk said:
Cool bike! Leave the paint if you can, they're only original once.

The turned down rear end suggests a 'suspension corrected' frame, later cable guides.

Has anyone pointed out that the fork looks to be a Doug Bradbury Manitou (and not an Answer Manitou I)?

Shouldn't take much to make the bike fully rad.
Yeah i'm going to leave it as it is for now, not as if it's going to rust :LOL: . I've touched up the areas that were flaking but the colour match isn't great so will have another go and try and do a better job at some point. I reckon it is a 92 frame based on the rear dropouts, the rear canti's and the age of the kit that's on it.
I'm aware that the fork is one of the original Doug Bradbury models so i'm just going to replace the elastomers, clean them up and re-fix the RH decal which is pealing off.
I've been working away sourcing some replacement parts and just waiting on them arriving now, more updates soon.

Lid":b61p8vjc said:
Tintin40 (or Duckboard Tony) is the Trimble man...though not seen him around much.

tintin is still around although he has a new account username now, there was an issue with his log in so it was easier to have a new username, he is now "brent trimble"
;)

jonnyboy666":3cwvox4l said:
oh and the bike, very nice :cool:
Cheers, it's coming along nicely. Made some good progress today and won't be long before it's done.
Fitted new elastomers and dust seals to the forks, replaced the LH side BB cup with a Syncros original (thanks to cyclotoine) and a new shorter Ritchey stem (courtesy of Double-E F). Robbed the wheels, XT Mech's and canti's from my Technium.
Just needs cables and setting up really and it is ready to ride :D . More pic's and details next weekend.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 554
Re:

That is looking bloody great! :cool: Trimble along with a few others is on my "one day" list, do bare me in mind please should the time come..... ;)

Lots of pics please when complete, I would take the pink Cooks sticker off though, i just blanked it out with my finger and thought it looked better.

Vinevo":2dv2hwvk said:
That is looking bloody great! :cool: Trimble along with a few others is on my "one day" list, do bare me in mind please should the time come..... ;)

Lots of pics please when complete, I would take the pink Cooks sticker off though, i just blanked it out with my finger and thought it looked better.
It's certainly coming together nicely, even if I do say so myself. I've not done too much really as the kit on the bike was all quality stuff when I got it just needed a bit of detailing (full spec later btw). Best to keep the bike as uncluttered as possible to let the details of the frame and kit shine through.
Yeah I'll keep you in mind if I do decide to move it on but I can't see that being anytime soon I'm afraid, at least let me get it built first :LOL: . I already removed the X-lite decal on the seattube as it wasn't straight and was bugging me so may do the same with the Cooks decals.

Re: 1992 Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..."

i'm pretty certain the original owner of that Trimble was a member of this site many years ago. It looks very much like it. Gil m has excellent decals for them. An unusual frame number.
Look after it. Not many left

Back