1992 Saracen Tufftrax Elite

Easy_Rider":cm7zjme7 said:
Chainrings aren't really available, you'll need to find some old stock or ask on here if anyone has some. 5bolts 110BCD is what you're after. Shimano went compact chainring, 94BCD in about 93/94 and then 4 bolts after that.

Those forks would fit, but you'll need to check the steerer length and you'll need an A-head stem and headset, but to be honest i think they are too new for the bike and the Axle-crown length may be too long for your bike and spoil the hadling slightly.

You have the older quill stem on your Tufftrax, basically the stem slides inside the fork steerer and uses a wedge to clamp it tight, and the headset is threaded onto the fork steerer. A-head clamps on the outside of the fork steerer and doesn't use a threaded steerer and will need a different headset.

standard_aheadset.gif

u1uuu_ritch_thrdls_quil.jpg

DSP, that catalouge picture features the early '92 bike, for some reason I have never seen one like that, all the ones I have seen have the external cable routing.

Can I ask why you want suspension?

Hello, many thanks for all that useful info. I was looking into Front Suspension because my arms suffered after 40 miles last week ! :) Guess it is probably me age !

Might look at another suspension bike for long rides, and keep the Saracen for local stuff. Just seen a 2009 Specialized Hardrock outside my local bike store for £335, reasonable price / bike ?

Best regards Damian. :)

Gorgeous what else can I say? beautiful bike I have a 96 Tufftrax all original and adore it, but please, please, please take that awful mudguard off I beg you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Blackadder":3c5it5sx said:
Gorgeous what else can I say? beautiful bike I have a 96 Tufftrax all original and adore it, but please, please, please take that awful mudguard off I beg you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hello, thanks very much ! It is a great bike, sorry about the mudguard, keeps the mud off my backside ! :)

Regards Damian.

Back