1992 San Andreas Mountain Cycle

cybernck":295nj2ud said:
Nice! There was one on ebay recently (with crap parts on it), it was only £250 asking price, pickup only.

That was very near to me but not an early enough frame.

Retro Spud":ze5oid9k said:
So what smorgasbord of delights will you be serving up for us

Are the forks staying or going - triple clamps are hard to pull off (style wise) and since the XT headset was married to a threaded fork what is your preference, fit what ever was the OEM option was?

The forks are definitely going..I never liked San An's with triple clamps, the only one's that look OK are Votec's but one pair is enough ….. so I am going back to it's roots with these

49608367017_561389f4af_c.jpg

49607867652_0e64dc7264_c.jpg

Watching... :cool:

yakboy":1re840jo said:
Retro Spud":1re840jo said:
So what smorgasbord of delights will you be serving up for us

Are the forks staying or going - triple clamps are hard to pull off (style wise) and since the XT headset was married to a threaded fork what is your preference, fit what ever was the OEM option was?

The forks are definitely going..I never liked San An's with triple clamps, the only one's that look are OK are Votec's….. I am going back to it's roots with this

49608367017_561389f4af_c.jpg

49607867652_0e64dc7264_c.jpg

I knew you wouldn't disappoint - two bikes with Voltec forks in the garage :shock:

so glad those triple clamps are going they ruin the looks of such an iconic frame

Re:

Just stripping the suspender forks at the moment. Will post some pics soon, but need new seals for the Prostop caliper

yakboy":247ubltt said:
cybernck":247ubltt said:
Nice! There was one on ebay recently (with crap parts on it), it was only £250 asking price, pickup only.

Doh, I knew I should have posted on here to see if someone could help out with it :(

cybernck":o3g7mwz8 said:
yakboy":o3g7mwz8 said:
cybernck":o3g7mwz8 said:

Doh, I knew I should have posted on here to see if someone could help out with it :(

Did it sell?, let me know if not as happy to help out

Re:

Got a bit of a play in the rather cold garage last night...(it's grim 'up north)…

Bike stripped and de-stickered….Got to say I love the brushed finish so off into town today to buy some scotchbrite pads.

49628726482_a64694045c_c.jpg

Also stripping the Suspender's (sound's a bit pervy :shock: ) They are 1 1/4" shimmed to a 1" threaded steerer. The headset in the San An is 1 1/8" so was going to have to get a shim and 1 1/8" steerer but when taking out the headset that too has a shim and the San An is a 1 1/4" (still following this), so have to decide whether to go 1 1/4" or 1 1/8" with steerer, headset and stem (obviously 1 1/4" would be more difficult and more expensive)

49627933568_5ec84d1acc_c.jpg

Latest posts

Back