1992 Rocky Mountain Experience

Re:

That looks nice :) E-Stay, wishbone rear, and some nice frame details like the chainstay brace, I like it!

looking forward to seeing this built up.

glad my refinishing tips for the Experience worked out for you so well. Looks like you've done an excellent job on that! :cool:

also good to hear the DX parts off my Experience will help restore yours back to it's former glory! ;)

Thanks for all the comments! After all the time spent cleaning this bike up I was suspicious that this frame is going to be too big for me. I put some wheels, stem and bar on it this morning and the reach is too long, even with a short stem... :(

So if anyone is interested in trading this 20" for an 18.5", let me know. I did notice there is an 18.5 Experience in Delta BC on Craigslist (not sure of the condition). So, if anyone wants to pick up that one and swap for this one, send me a PM. :D

I would plan to keep the wheels and this fork and cut extra threads in it if needed.

sorry to hear that this frame is too big. i was wondering how you fit this frame given the other ones you had were a size smaller. good luck with the hunt for a smaller replacement. took me quite some time/effort to get the one i have and the prev one it replaced. but you guys in the west coast seem to pull plenty of RMs out of your back pockets on a fairly frequent basis! :LOL:

RockiMtn":26o89c5z said:
sorry to hear that this frame is too big. i was wondering how you fit this frame given the other ones you had were a size smaller. good luck with the hunt for a smaller replacement. took me quite some time/effort to get the one i have and the prev one it replaced. but you guys in the west coast seem to pull plenty of RMs out of your back pockets on a fairly frequent basis! :LOL:
I've been pretty lucky in the last year findings old Rockies. I briefly had a 21.5" Rocky last year which was definitely too big; so I thought I could make this one work, but it turns out the Experience has longer top tube compared to the other Rocky models. Since this frame was in poor shape when I found it, I felt obligated (and interested) to spend some time making it look nicer if I were to sell / trade it. It was a good learning "experience". :LOL:
Thanks for the tips on refinishing the frame!

There's still a chance that I build this bike up completely, but for now I'll put it on the back burner while I look for a smaller size and maybe start another project...I still have a couple other Rockies in the cue. :D

Well, it's not a dream build, but I felt the need to finish this one up!

Yes, it's a big bike! Maybe I should have lowered the seatpost for the pics :roll:

The decals look quite faded in the daylight, so I may still get some new pink/blue ones made up. Otherwise, I think I'll leave the rest as is for now and move onto another project...I have a new arrival with M900 and a recent find with MT60, so they should be a bit different from the last builds. :cool:

Attachments

• 92Experience8.jpg
    92Experience8.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 625
  • 92Experience6.jpg
    92Experience6.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 625
Re:

That looks great ... Some new pink decals would really make it pop with that fork. :cool:

Back