1992 Marin Team Issue rescue - Finshed pics on page 8

Re: 1992 Marin Team Issue rescue

Well, if you're missing your old team Marin we can swap when you've finished this one :) Your old bike gets ridden a lot more than the Klein I've also got, it's an incredible bike.

Seriously though that's a lovely bike. I'm watching this closely to see how it ends up.

squealer":q8sv35e5 said:
Well, if you're missing your old team Marin we can swap when you've finished this one :) Your old bike gets ridden a lot more than the Klein I've also got, it's an incredible bike.

Seriously though that's a lovely bike. I'm watching this closely to see how it ends up.

I wondered if I'd ever hear about that bike again ;) Glad your enjoying it, she was a wonderful bike to restore and a great rider. Be great to see some pics of her in use again.

Re:

The only pic I have with me is this (shield your eyes)!

It's exactly as you sent it to me bar a set of smoke/ dart tyres.

Forks now painted and a replacement seat post almost identical to the original has arrived to replaced the scratched one :)

Loving the pic squealer, glad you've kept her as stock as I could get her. Tyres look lovely. One very cool Marin you have there, maybe I shouldn't have sold her ;)

Minifreak said:
Forks now painted and a replacement seat post identical to the original has arrived to replaced the scratched one :)

If that is not the original Marin Lite seat post, what did you find that is identical to the original one? Is it a post made by same manufacturer?

What did you/will you use to strip clear on frame that did not/does not strip the nickel plating? Do you think it is safe to use a chemical agent to remove clearcoat/lacquer and then use soda or walnut shells in a media blaster to clean rust spots?

Seat post came from ebay, item number 272207937923 in 27.0 diameter. Pics below to compare.

I was lucky with my frame, it's not pristine but very few signs of putting so I just washed and degree see it before using brasso on it. I'd say you may want to get yours professionally stripped and re plated if it's got lots of surface corrosion. I'm a lover of frame patina with the parts cleaned as best as they can be :)

Re:

I was interested in this bike but I was on holiday at the time so couldn't collect it! You got an absolute bargain with this time warp specimen, glad you're taking good care of it already, I'll keep an eye on the thread.
These early Marins are superb bikes! I especially love these high end models. I wouldn't ever sell my '93 :cool:

image_103.jpeg

Re:

Just found this thread so a bit late to the party...but thats a beauty! I would love one of these myself one day....just in a "Marin" 19"....looking forward to seeing how it turns out...

Thanks guys :) Still waiting on the rear wheel, stem, decals and saddle. Hopefully the decals will arrive early in the week courtesy of Gil_m and the build can continue.

Back