1992 Marin Team Issue rescue - Finshed pics on page 8

shawnb":35lvncmd said:
Minifreak":35lvncmd said:
I thought I'd finished this Marin and one thing that really appealed to me was it's all steel rigidness as it's my only non suspended bike in the fleet. However, I have always wanted a bike with Manitou 1 forks and they were available as an option on this bike. Saw a good condition but grubby pair on eBay and now they have cleaned and polished up nicely, steerer is even the correct size and type :) Do I put these on or keep it rigid, should I put them on my 93 Manitou FS instead to match the grey Ringle/Manitou Seatpost?

Whack em on these bikes look great with early manitous!

IMG_3982.jpg

Can't argue with that ;)

I'd like to find another 1 1/8" XTR M900 crown race so I don't have to remove the one on the original forks. I bought a complete headset recently as I needed the bottom cup, alas no crown race :facepalm:

Little update, I have replaced the Lower cup on the XTR M900 headset and it's also now sporting the Manitou 1's.

Bike also advertised for sale to fund yet another project ;)

Sure looks good suspended. Anyone wanting to own a Marin Team Issue will surely struggle to find a better example of the breed than this one.
I'd be really interested to know how she rides now compared to with the rigid fork. Hope you get chance to go for a blast before she's snapped up!

Back