1992 Marin Team Issue rescue - Finshed pics on page 8

Re: Re:

Minifreak":2unm15jk said:
shawnb":2unm15jk said:
They look perfect condition and the correct '92 style 'lite' too.
Did you get the xtr decals ok?

Yes buddy, sorry I tried to kill two birds with one stone and confirmed their arrival as well as commenting on one of your Facebook posts :LOL:

Ahhh :LOL:

New old bars now in place and looking lovely, absolutely no difference apart from condition of logos but sometimes you just have to do these things ;)

street":ogr4afbr said:
Inspiring story! She's turned out very nice indeed.

Cheers street, she's been a pleasure to work on and the ride is as beautiful as any good steel bike I've ridden :D

Certainly attention to detail changing the bars :) fantastic build, one of my all time favourite bikes, my school mate had one, very jealous, had to make do with my 93 clockwork!

Cheshire1980":rk7xupfe said:
Certainly attention to detail changing the bars :) fantastic build, one of my all time favourite bikes, my school mate had one, very jealous, had to make do with my 93 clockwork!

Thanks mate, just think that Orange probably led to your crazy collection now :x Your friends parents obviously had deep pockets.

Minifreak":37objf92 said:
Cheshire1980":37objf92 said:

Thanks mate, just think that Orange probably led to your crazy collection now :x Your friends parents obviously had deep pockets.

Yep my mates parents did indeed have deep pockets, but fair play to him he raced the hell out of it! My Clockwork I saved up for, after obsessing over the 92 orange brochure, picked one up one from Don Skene cycles in Cardiff for £400, had only porcs, suntour Xc comp kit, loved it! ANYWAY, great Marin build !! :D

Minifreak":1mdzuax0 said:
New old bars now in place and looking lovely, absolutely no difference apart from condition of logos but sometimes you just have to do these things ;)

I had to buy a whole bike for those bars :facepalm:

they look great glad they went to a good home

Back