1992 Litespeed Mountain

Lookin good! Find it hard to believe a 1992 would take a 1" fork... Are you sure??

I have the following items if of interest
- 1" tange switchblade
- 1-1/8" Syncros Powerlite
- loads of m900...

I also have an 18" titanium team wheeler frame I was going to post for sale next week...
I have no idea who made it??? Just incase you want a second Ti frame =)

I'm posting the pics of it to show you an option for finish... This frame had the same blasted finish as your lite speed but with some scuffs... So I went over it with 3m scrub pads and gave it a nice metal finish look... I think its much better... Just an option...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 717
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 717
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 717
Thanks Shutter! Yeah, it's definitely a 1" headtube here. I can't find a '92 brochure, but the '93 version shows you have the option for either 1" or 1.1/8" if I'm correct. Similar to the seattube is the headtube shimmed, so I suppose it was just a matter of Litespeed installing the correct shim.

I've already found a 1" Powerlite, expect to receive it in the coming weeks so that should be sorted! If you see any fancy Litespeed goodies such as seatpost, stem or steerer around, keep me posted.

By the way, that is a brilliant job you've done on that Wheeler! What kind of 3M pads have you used? Is it a lot of work? Litespeed gave three finishing options BITD: Polished, Satin or Brushed. Love the polished Litespeeds so this might be an option. Hmm... let me think about that for a while!

Thx! Yea, it's more of a brushed finish

I just buy them in bulk at the hardware store... They are green. They are meant for scrubbing /cleaning and found in the cleaning section of large hardware stores (Home Depot) they are pretty course but you need it course to get the brushed look on Ti frames. I use the same pads on Ti bars, Ti stems, Ti seatposts, ect...

Slow progress here. I got the right XC Pro Front mech and I got a nice set of 1" Powerlites. Now I'm in a bit of a headset dilemma. I like to see a classic headset on it and I have a nice old Campagnolo Record headset available. But it's a steel one. On the scale it touches 130 grams, so not really a heavyweight. Should I fit this one, or should I find a aluminium version instead?

foto%2520%252826%2529.JPG

troje":2pntxwif said:
Slow progress here. I got the right XC Pro Front mech and I got a nice set of 1" Powerlites. Now I'm in a bit of a headset dilemma. I like to see a classic headset on it and I have a nice old Campagnolo Record headset available. But it's a steel one. On the scale it touches 130 grams, so not really a heavyweight. Should I fit this one, or should I find a aluminium version instead?

foto%2520%252826%2529.JPG

I have several aluminum 1" road headsets... (My road bike collection is larger than my mountain bike collection... believe it or not...)

I have a first gen C-Record, early 90's C-Record, and early 90's Dura Ace 7400

The one you have there is a Camp Nuovo Record.

Or a 1" CK threaded? That's what I put on my 89' merlin...

I also have an ULTRA light aluminum OMAS headset... it's one of the lightest headsets out there...

let me know

troje":38dljx94 said:

perhaps a 1" CK ti headset, like on my Merlin. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=84260&start=13

Re: Re:

theproscloset":j16w20to said:
What are your plans for a handlebar?

I'm looking for a Titanium bar, ideally Litespeed of course. I've also looked in your store but didn't see anything so far.

Re: Re:

troje":139ivf62 said:
theproscloset":139ivf62 said:
What are your plans for a handlebar?

I'm looking for a Titanium bar, ideally Litespeed of course. I've also looked in your store but didn't see anything so far.

I have a litespeed Ti bar if you are looking for one

Back