1992 Kuwahara Maragay

adiwin

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone, greetings from Indonesia.

I owned since 2019. The story began, when searching my fave brand Kuwahara on this forum last 2012.
Found this offer last 2012 on thread : https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/kuwahara-frameset.232097/#post-3207244
Then I started to think about bringing it to Indonesia. The opportunity happened again when it was offered again on ebay.
Almost took 3 months to arrived in Indonesia.
Love for the last set up.

Attachments

• KUWAHARA MARAGAY 1992.jpg
    KUWAHARA MARAGAY 1992.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 53
  • s-l1609.jpg
    s-l1609.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 57
I haven't seen any retrobikes during my time in Indonesia, so it's nice to see there are some great bikes being ridden there!

I've been keeping a look out for a tempting steel Kuwahara for quite a long time.

I haven't seen any retrobikes during my time in Indonesia, so it's nice to see there are some great bikes being ridden there!

I've been keeping a look out for a tempting steel Kuwahara for quite a long time.
In Indonesia actually many retrobikes enthusiast.
We join the fb group " Sepeda Vintage Retro Classic Indonesia" https://www.facebook.com/groups/138241546272654. In big cities in Java, such as Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Solo 7, Surabaya, gatherings are often held for retrobikes enthusiasts.

That's ineresting to know (although I am not on Facebook 😅 ). Do you know whether there's a group in Pekanbaru? That is where I lived and the city I visit most often.

That's ineresting to know (although I am not on Facebook 😅 ). Do you know whether there's a group in Pekanbaru? That is where I lived and the city I visit most often.
Pekan Baru, at Riau Province. I stay at Batam island ( Riau Islands Province ) near Singapore. Pekan Baru there also have Federal bike enthusiast group.

Almost all brands here, Klein, Ritchey, Bridgestone, Miyata, GT, Gary Fisher, Specialized and many more. Even the rare items.
Indonesia also have own brand " Federal ", that produced on early 90s & stop on the middle. The bikes also exported to Europe market at the time.
The early product of Federal basics from Kuwahara. So. that's way my fave bikes are Kuwahara.

Back