1992 GT Tequesta - wreck rescue!

Right then. Bike is home and I'm taking it apart...

d126247a.jpg

Remember it's got to look like my original bike as much as possible. This is a pic of it nearly 20 years ago. I bought it as a frame fork stem so it's not as easy as copying the spec in the catalogue.

c53c3884.jpg

If you look in the pic I've got one of those Zefal "Carbon" bottle cages. They were ace, but actually made of plastic really. I cannot find a reference to one of them on the internet anywhere. Can anyone help??

I had a Blackburn cage very similar to that in '93 . . . might be another option if you end up looking for a similar vibe??

I see your point but if I can't get one of those Zefal ones I won't bother with one at all, just keep waiting.

Ok so bike is stripped....

f2a5c60a.jpg

Paint seemed really really good which is at odd to the rest of the bike when I bought it. Look at the BB/chainstay area - has this bike ever been ridden?

07cbd39d.jpg

15ff5024.jpg

Original stuck on GT chainstay protector nearly perfect!

7ee27fdc.jpg

Graphics aren't perfect but my wife says she can touch them up for me (she's an artist!!)

91844323.jpg

Worst bit is forks really - storage marks maybe - but even these aren't too bad. Bit of touching up and a polish should do wonders!

21ce212f.jpg

All in all quite positive but I cannot get the RH BB cup out!! Need a big metal vice - off to a car garage soon hopefully.

looks awesome man, yeah the paintjob is fantastic given her age! that bb shell sure is in a bad way, hope you can get it out ok. are you going to bling it up with xt or similar. i reckon its worthy!

Back