1992 GT Karakoram

Re: GT Karakoram

Glad you all like it.I will use it for some light XC riding. From what i remember i used to do some crazy drop offs etc on my original bike without many issues apart from a few cuts and bruises. I'm thinking of upgrading to full XT, correct period of course.What do you guys think?

Re: GT Karakoram

lee-m.c.":3jng7il9 said:
Glad you all like it.I will use it for some light XC riding. From what i remember i used to do some crazy drop offs etc on my original bike without many issues apart from a few cuts and bruises. I'm thinking of upgrading to full XT, correct period of course.What do you guys think?
I think 2 things about your question...

1. If it'll make you ride it and enjoy it more, you should
b. I question the validity of soliciting group think on something I expect you'd do, for your own enjoyment

I've never owned a Karakoram, but have fond memories as one of my cycling buddies had a 91 one as his first MTB, and we did quite a few miles together.

Lovely. I have a Karakoram frame in the loft. bought it on here. probably needs a complete respray. Job for the new year. need some forks for it too.

Beautiful I've had two & regretted getting rid of both

But I'm in the look out for another at the mo if you hear of one about!

Tony

Now it's ready to ride. Upgraded to full XT and quality wheels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 461
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 461
That thing looks sweet. I say enjoy it, that's what they're made for. I am currently building a 1993 that I resprayed, and have an extra 1993 GT Karakoram in blacklight I've yet to start. Oh, the one I re sprayed was a blacklight too, but was so faded it didn't look so nice anymore, so I had no choice but to re spray it. GT's are a sturdy and fun bike to ride, don't worry so much, and just enjoy it. At least go to some of those cool rides you guys have there for vintage MTB's. Nothing like that exists here, so have fun bro.

Back