1992 Cannondale M800 'Beast of the East'

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi people,

A few months ago I got hands on a candy silver metallic 1995 Cannondale M800 'Beast of the East'. It was my second Cannondale, the first being this awesome 80's SM800. The Beast of the East is all original and mint, but there is one bummer: it is too small. Fortunately there is a solution now :) I found another M800 that is my size. In this case it is an imola red 1992 M800. It is not in 'councours' shape, but it hasn't seen many miles. Good for what I want with it: riding. Most parts are original, but the first owner did replace the original black stem with an Answer ATAC in silver. When he did that he also polished the bar and seatpost to match with the stem. They will be replaced.

The frame has a raised bottom bracket and slooping top tube. It was aimed at the type a trails found at the east coast of the US, hence Beast of the East. It is among my favourite Cannondale models.

Frame: 3.0 series Beast of the East
Fork: Pepperoni
Group: LX with Deore thumbies
Wheels: Ritchey Vantage Comp, DT, Panaracer Smoke

43357797145_edc6e33296_b.jpg

43357797125_494d72ae36_b.jpg

Re:

Beautiful bike. The geometry makes it spot on considering looks, and has a resemblance with the Miyata's. The m800 is on my wishlist too.
What's the size of this one? And how tall are you?

Back