1992 Cannondale Delta V

delta v

I`m going for the frontsus, Noleen carboncrosslink and spinergy`s. I`ve another Delta V frame with a 1 1/8"steeretube. :LOL: It`s going to be like this one(third killer v :oops: )
killer2.jpg

with the acception that it would be polished :cool:

Well, I started my polish job on the V500. So far so good. I had a hard time getting the paint off and found that a wire brush wheel on my drill worked great for cleaning it up the little spots that the paint stripper wouldn't remove. The down side to the wire brush is it took a lot of sanding with 220 to get the wire brush marks out, but I'm on my way. I finished the fork completely, and am set to start with the 400 grit tomorrow on the frame and work my way up.

Worst part is the welds. Many of them have 'imperfections' in the weld that make them hard to sand. Yours look very smooth, did you do a lot of sanding/filing to get your welds that smooth?

Also, where did you get your decals? I need the same style.

thanks for the inspiration.

delta v

Hi, I`ve sanded the weldings aswell ,using my magic dremel tool :cool: , i like the job :LOL: lots of work but satisfaction guaranteed :LOL:

bennie222":2kvnqsyn said:
I have a V500 and am considering a paint strip and polish job on it. Do you have any advice for me on the polishing? What worked well or didn't work? You have any good forum threads to follow that you can share? This looks great and is exactly what I want mine to look like. I'll be putting XT and Mavic wheels on mine as well.

Sorry, only just seen that this thread's been resurrected. In all honesty if I was doing it again I'd just get a pro to do it :LOL: But seeing as you've already started.... just keep at it, you'll get there in the end, especially with the welds.

Stunning bike. I would love to know the polishing process you followed. I have a Klein Rascal that needs this same treatment.

If you're asking me rather than bobber61 then all I did was this -

Medium wire wool
Fine wire wool
Wet and Dry paper of finer and finer grade up to 1200 grit
Autosol
Final coat of Meguiars NXT

It was the first three stages that took the time, the last two were very easy and quick in comparison.

Back