1991 Yeti Ultimate

Re:

Can you clarify, how you found out? i receive a frameset as well next week and was wondering how to find out the release year?

Good stuff here….

Best

Moritz

"Story goes that the bb shells were stamped and thrown in a bucket before assembly, so frame numbers mean very little. Old skool yeti story right there." - © Andrew, yetifan.com

I´ld really like to know how he did that, so will/would you/he share his infos? As far as I know you´re only able to put Ultimates in periods they´re built, pending if the headbadge-decal is original.

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

Re: Re:

mauricer":2q87142q said:
Can you clarify, how you found out?

I've seen an invoice for U1419 that was given in trade to finish the drywall at the new Yeti factory in Durango. September 1991.

Heard/read that too, Mike. But that doesn´t affect the fact "that the bb shells were stamped and thrown in a bucket before assembly", like Andrew wrote.

As I´ve never heard or read anything about clearifying Ultimate framenumbers I´ld be really suprised if someone comes up with it out of nowhere.

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

For reasons I wont discuss on an open forum, I think that story is horseshit.

Something to consider, in 93 (92 actually), Yeti had moved to Tange tubing the welded pinch bolt, which GIS's frame doesn't have.

Re:

Okay, so I had some free time yesterday and today and decided to change some things up.
Switched out the Rithcey Brakes and DX shifter/lever combo for some black XT cantis and thumb shifters. I also put on some XT pedals and some NOS Spec extreme skinwall tires.
The fella I bought it from was nice enough to supply me with a new elastomer kit for the fork so that got fixed as well.
Still thinking of a silver ATAC stem if I keep the fork or would black be better?
Also I am going to try and find a XT post.

IMG_3902 by lawrencejobe, on Flickr

IMG_3901 by lawrencejobe, on Flickr

IMG_3899 by lawrencejobe, on Flickr

photo (1) by lawrencejobe, on Flickr

Back