1991 Wicked Fat Chance

bike looks great Yo and loving the "dirty" pic too, agree the fork is lush and those wickeds ride so well (not loving the stem but then again, my taste is usually up my arse so ignore me!)

Another small round of updates. The King/Bontrager wheelset went to a Yo Eddy, so the Wicked got an XT/Ritchey set and went back to 7 speed. Swapped the Tange headset for a no-logo King, and swapped the perforated white Turbo for a smooth black one. Yee-ha!

photocopy3-4.jpg

photocopy4-4.jpg

Pretty sure the Wicked's were designed around a set back seat post so you are probably comprising handling/balance and weighting the bars.

Is there anything in that thread about Fat Chance specifically?

FWIW, it feels good with the no offset IRD --and granted, the saddle pretty far back on the rails.

yo-Nate-y":3elqyii4 said:
Is there anything in that thread about Fat Chance specifically?

FWIW, it feels good with the no offset IRD --and granted, the saddle pretty far back on the rails.

The Fat Chance catalogs all show the Wicked's with setback posts, as well as list setback posts in component descriptions. If the straight post works for you great, but if so you most likely have a uncommon physique or are oblivious to such things.

I've often been told I have an uncommon physique. No complaints yet! That said...

The set back on a TCO is about 25mm, on a Suntour XC post, only about 15mm. A Turbo saddle has 85mm of space on the rails....that seems well within the range of 'normal' if clamping mid-rail to sliding the saddle back further.

What frames do you propose would be appropriate for all the non-set back 1980-90s IRD, Syncros, Cook Bros, Dean, Litespeed, Kona, and Ringle seatposts?

Back