1991 Rocky Mountain Titanium...... Updated PICS

Re:

1993 MAG21
The first year of them.

Nice a few part I'd not put on it but it not far off my builds.

Forks are clamped too low, far too low down. So sort that. Should be 3mm from the top or a bit less.

Seat post Ti? Looks the original 1991 one as well.

Re:

Forks look in too good condition to paint to me, but if you repaint the legs with retro graphics I'd be interested to see the result. I've never liked the colour of the mag21

I'm intrigued where you find so many classic/ti bikes, and how you can afford them all. Are top end retro mtb's everywhere in Canada and ten a penny? :LOL:

Sean

Re: 1991 Rocky Mountain Titanium... Finally!!!....(Pics added)

Thanks! I'll get the clam height sorted when I paint the legs =)

I know what you mean about the legs... VERY good paint... but just not a fan of the gold... The crown has a Ti colour and the legs looks like brushed Ti... so with Ti coloured legs this would looks really nice... So I'm painting the legs Ti colour =)

Yup, Ti seatpost.... frame should take 27.0 but 27.2 fits in like a glove =)

The pics are exactly the way I got it... I know it's supposed to have an XT M730 group (I think??) But I'm going to go M900 on this one... But not fully original...

M900 front and rear mech
M900 shifter pods
Some sort of CNC levers and cool Canti brakes... Maybe Paul? I'm on a PAUL kick right now...
Crankset will be Ti Gray coloured Race Face with silver Blackspire rings... Pics soon
Wheelset will probably be the hoops on it with rear XTRM900 and I'll leave the front WI...
I'll put a Brodie booster on the fork...

Here's the dilema... I really like the crown so unless I find another exactly the same with long steer (or extend this one) I'll be going with a Quil stem...

I want someithing Ti for the build... so I'm on the lookout for a Quil Ti stem....

OOOOOOooooorrr... I could just get a quil adapter and use a threadless Ti stem...

Any input on that route??

Lovely bike there Shutter, if you do change the stem I'm after a nice Syncros 1" quill stem 120 or 110mm long :) Don't know what length that one is but it looks around that.

Minifreak":1fo1rhrl said:
Lovely bike there Shutter, if you do change the stem I'm after a nice Syncros 1" quill stem 120 or 110mm long :) Don't know what length that one is but it looks around that.
that's a 1-1/8" stem.

RockiMtn":1j8lzquq said:
Minifreak":1j8lzquq said:
that's a 1-1/8" stem.

And closer to 140 =)

That stem is original to the bike though ;-)

Just stay Quill, ahead wasn't out till the year after and the look right on the bike. I don't know why everyone wants to jump to a-head when the threaded is fine.

I just fitted a nice Mavic to my Stratos and used that same stem you have (of my altitude originally). Though I have a Ti quill bolt fitted from bitd.

That look to be some sort if high end one fitted with its locking ( I could check I guess), but I would be looking for M901 headset as the colour should blend in and is low in stack so should certainly fit.

I like the choice of build, but I don't like the CNC brake stuff or Pauls stuff, but if you do then why not.

If you did change the stem though, the RaceFace Ti-Beam...

Back