1991 Rocky Mountain Titanium...... Updated PICS

Re: 1991 Rocky Mountain Titanium...... Brake Suggestions please

Blizz":2l2fd5gs said:
shutter":2l2fd5gs said:
Also I need some help deciding on crank... which crank is better???
I like the look of the black I-Beam better! the gun metal Turbine LP matches well, but I think blends in too much.

I agree, I'll go with the black one =)

originally I wanted to to all silver / Titanium but i found that it's just blending WAY too much...

Blizz":2l2fd5gs said:
shutter":2l2fd5gs said:
I'll have to remove the hanger but any thoughts on this stem??? not sure what else to do... Syncros looks too fat on the frame...
I'm so used to seeing Syncros stems on these old Rockies that the silver one you have pictured looks skinny and out of place...how about something in between like one of the original RaceFace stems, or are those just for threadless steerers?

Yup... reace face for threadless steer only... this crown is VERY rare and hard to find, especially threadless as this one is very early... I tried a steer extender with a titanium Race Face I-Beam stem but with a threaded headset it just looks wrong...

Ideally I would like a titanium litespeed quil stem with no hanger... but they are hard to find...

If I go with this Ritchey I will probably paint it black

Re: 1991 Rocky Mountain Titanium...... Brake Suggestions please

I was having second thoughts on the Brodie brace as I also have a NOS black one but I'm going with black brakes and black brakes on a black brace will bee too much...

Here's the brakes I want... Just need to find a set first... anyone???? (sorry to the proscloset for using their pic... hope you don't mind)

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 393
Here's some updated pics... missed out on a Race Face Ti Quill stem on eBay... my max bid was about $250 cdn... went for $260... too much... oh well... here's how it looks now...

Back