1991 Rocky Mountain Experience

I really need to get my skates on if i'm to be ready with the Cirrus by February :? Still not polished the frame yet and Gil is currently working on the decals along with the others I require.

I've put this weekend aside to push on. Also, I'm dropping the stem and fork(s) for painting next week and the wheels building.

Btw Rob what wheels have you gone with?

Regards.

I personally don't like the polished look on these frames, I think they look best with the brushed finish.

As far as wheels go, I don't like retro wheels as they just arent strong enough for me at 15st - I like to give a bike all it's got downhill. So my wheels are more modern XT hubs on destickered Mavic XM719 black rims and DB spokes. They don't look new so suit the bike well. I could never go for M231 rims as I used to fold them BITD and I weighed a lot less!!

I put the headtube decal on last night - a correct small one not a huge mother people often replaced them with... looks fantastic, Gil's decals fantastic as usual. Can't wait to put the rest of them on but I'm doing one at a time when I have an hour spare, don't need to rush it....

Rob Atkin":1evwtepy said:
Canadian quality... BB slipped in so nicely - easier than any other frame I've ever had.

bb4d70b6.jpg
You trying to do a Cancellara with it Rob? ;) (The Renault Engine in the seat tube...)

You'd need more than a Renault Megane engine to help propel my considerable bulk, something more like an oil tanker diesel engine would be appropriate.

I would like to point out I don't own a French car at all, I just bought the manual for someone else. I just wanted to make that clear. ;-)

Is it time for the grand unveiling of the sticker yet Rob ?
I am correct in thinking that its a sticker per week .... :LOL:
If you are after the longest build thread I think you may have it in the bag dude ;)
Seriously though you are killing us take a day off and finish this babe

Back