1991 rocky mountain cirrus build

The Marzocchi looks good colour wise with the decals but I reckon it needs the chunky Manitou, just my thoughts. Can we see pics with that fork?

Hmm don't know what direction to go now. I don't like the look of the manitou now I see it on the bike. I just think the blue clashes too much with the red. So that leaves the marzocchi or a beefy Ridged fork. The problem with the marzocchi is it needs a rebuild and seals since it pukes oil out one leg, and I need a longer steer tube. I could do the rebuild no problem but I can't find the seals anymore in that size I think it's 24 mm.
Next option is the ridged fork but the problem with that is finding one that A looks beefy enough for the frame and B has a 200mm steer tube. The problem I'm finding with this build is the head tube is so damn big it makes the fork look too small and wimpy compared to the rest of the bike.
Any suggestions and or local guys that can help?

Re:

If the stantions are 25.4 mm (same as earlier R/Shox forks), then the main seals are still available in generic form through a local pneumatics/hydraulics components outlet ... just let me know through a p/m and I'll fill you in (incidentally - I'm in the lower mainland too).

my gosh, that frame is HUGE!!! :shock:

i don't think you'll find any fork that the frame won't dwarf, unless perhaps you go with something real beefy, like a girvin/noleen vector.

I actually have a vector on another bike but with the head tube so large on this one I don't even think the links would work

I had the Experience (sold) but because its not suspension corrected I used the tange big fork. Works well with it but on the Cirrus its either the Powerlite (earlier model) and a RS (later model). But go the RS route....you'll find one.

Actually 26. After some research I found the size I need is 26x36x6 found some on eBay for $18 a peice but I'm going to try locally first.

Back