1991 Prototype Bradbury FS

Re:

Amazing :cool: I remember this feature too. Look forward to this build. I'm guessing the original Bradbury frames didn't have cracking issues like the later more mass produced ones.

Here are some detail pics of the frame. I'll try to do a comparison between this one and #2 later on.

DSC_3570.jpg

DSC_3571.jpg

DSC_3572.jpg

DSC_3573.jpg

DSC_3574.jpg

DSC_3575.jpg

DSC_3576.jpg

DSC_3578.jpg

DSC_3579.jpg

DSC_3581.jpg

Re:

Compared to the production "Answer" version its lack of CNC machining is quite striking.

The cable routing for the rear mech in your last picture is also a little different by the look of things, in fact I'd say its neater than the production version.

Look forward to seeing more pic's

The Bradbury bikes cracked like any other bike. I have about 9 that need repairs ranging from head tube cracks, all the way to broken down and top tubes, cracked seat tubes and broken off chainstays. Aluminum was pretty new back then and bikes that were ridden hard would break. I don't think any one manufacturer was immune to it.

However, I would think that compared to Answer made bikes Doug's bike faired a bit better.

Great to see a build thread for this! Signing on for details of its progress.

ADMINS: Can someone please make MK a "King of cool shit" avatar icon/badge? :p
:cool:

Re:

Looking forward to seeing you work your magic on this Martin.

That is great! What a bike.

You mentioned "prototype XTR STIs". Would you mind to elaborate a bit on them? Maybe some closeup pic? Whats the difference to the regular models?

Back