1991 Marin Bear Valley

BearValley9196

Dirt Disciple
Drove over an hour to pick up this bike for £50.
Bit of a gamble and was only really after the frame, it's hard to find a retro in good condition in my size (6'5") it's a 22" frame. Didn't know much about the Bear Valley bikes but I like retro Marin MTBs.

After collecting it the owner said he was keeping it for a friend 20years of dry storage.

Its actually in rideable condition tyres are great Nd still shifts perfectly, the plan is to do a complete rebuild but after a quick service I kind of wanna daily it to work haha

Let me know what you think! Good deal? Worth the drive ? All I know is I'm happy with it :)

Attachments

• PXL_20210908_150009087.jpg
    PXL_20210908_150009087.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • PXL_20210907_164246224.jpg
    PXL_20210907_164246224.jpg
    913.4 KB · Views: 40
Looks a good buy, and perfect as a daily I would say. The Bear Valley was kind of the mid-range in the Marin line up.

PS. if you ever swap the saddle out I would be interested in buying the original for my 1990 Team.

Looks a good buy, and perfect as a daily I would say. The Bear Valley was kind of the mid-range in the Marin line up.

PS. if you ever swap the saddle out I would be interested in buying the original for my 1990 Team.
Tbh my plan is to completely strip the bike down and I don't really plan on keeping any of it including stem, bars, wheels , groupset, levers calipers etc.. I could definitely arrange sending you the seat for your 90 team :)

Tbh my plan is to completely strip the bike down and I don't really plan on keeping any of it including stem, bars, wheels , groupset, levers calipers etc.. I could definitely arrange sending you the seat for your 90 team :)
Cool. Let me know if you do. I've got loads of stuff here if you need anything in trade.

Lovely and original. I wouldn't split it but might be interested in the wheels and tyres if you do!

Think I was watching this but forgot to bid, or it was too far away....

Latest posts

Back