1991 Klein Pinnacle

acole

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
I had an Attitude when I was younger and loved it. It got pushed on for something more bouncy.

Many years passed and I stumbled across this site. It pushed me into a bidding frenzy on the bay and ended up with another Attitude (check the gallery) which went through many guises until I was very content with Campagnolo throughout.

In June, I took the Attitude for a trip into the big smoke to visit the bank and it disappeared with a new owner (thieving gets). Looking for a bike in Beijing is the needle in a haystack many times over!

It just so happened that the day before the Attitude went I had expressed interest in a Pinnacle frame from HarryBurgundy. I never meant for this to be built quite so quick but with the other one gone an empty frame wasn't filling the space.

So 6 months later and a bit of excess baggage allowance and the Pinnacle is more or less complete. Many years ago a friend had a Raleigh Team Dyna Tech with XC Pro and always loved it. He even passed on the brake levers from that bike!?

The forks are awaiting new elastomers.

The bike gets used to to go to the shops, take the dog out or go to work but unlike many of the hardcore on here I see the advantage of the design improvements on modern mountain bikes. So will use something more modern in the hills.

Thanks to the many people that have helped out with this including
the competent fellas at Cyclopeadia Cardiff (plug plug)
Harryburgundy
8690q
Magicmistertea
to name just a few.

Anyway here it is!

Attachments

• DSCF1634.jpg
    DSCF1634.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,902
  • DSCF1631.jpg
    DSCF1631.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,903
  • DSCF1637.jpg
    DSCF1637.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,903
  • DSCF1643_2.jpg
    DSCF1643_2.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,903
Tyres are Bontager Hank. You should be able get them. They come on Treks cruisers.

they weigh a ton mind!

Happy New Year!

With SE on the front you might have problems. They were front and rear specific and with the Pace fork they're backwards. Or did you use two rear brakes?

yo-Nate-y,

You are right that the SE brakes are rear specific. However, Suntour (I believe) only made the SE as a rear. The front from Suntour was a standard Canti. The Scott Pederson SE brakes were both front and rear and therefore were specific (because of the orientation of the brakes when mounted.

The SE brakes on this bike were both rear specific and worked because of the rear facing mount on the forks.

The bike has changed since this pic was taken. It has standard rigid forks (Ritchey) and now has the matching standard canti on the front.

Attachments

• 543234_10150722936679718_76467707_n.jpg
    543234_10150722936679718_76467707_n.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 473
Back