1991 HAIRBALL TECHNO MANIA

Jamis Diablo":1kt07fyy said:
The saddle looks like a Rolls?
Yep, it's a Rolls ;) The one I have is a little brown for the Build so need a Black one..

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 954
Re:

..oh, and just for fun.. :p

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 948
Are you the one that beat me in that Nov EBay auction :??
kingroon":36r9czgc said:
Some more parts sourced..

➡️ GripShift CX-DT 3 x 7

s-l500.jpg

Realised also that H-Ball ran an XT post, stripped of it's anodising / silver, so I can run the one I got with the Complete Rig.. Bonza :cool:

Gil has [as always] been awesome with the Decal Requirement and is sorting me out :cool:

Xmas / NY Week is Build Week.. ;)

Wchow16":2nzt089w said:
Are you the one that beat me in that Nov EBay auction :??
Not Guilty..! :LOL: Got these only a coupla weeks ago from Germany..

So, I opened a very Hairy Can of Worms yesterday with a delaminated Tioga Disk Drive.. :shock:

It was sold as such to me, so the condition wasn't a surprise, but the way in which a previous owner had tried to keep the outer plastic sheet in place was extraordinary; threading the Nipple Bolts on the outside of the sheet.. :facepalm: Pretty lucky the sheet didn't tear or rip to be honest.. I should have taken a bunch of photos as I unlaced the good side of the Disko from the Rim and unbolted both sheets from the Hub, I knew it was going to be a lengthy process..

So, I have the Delaminated Side still laced to the Rim to hold the Kevlar Cord a) under tension and b) maintain the form so I can affix the two sheets back together..

I have ordered some Alcohol Wipes and Canopy Glue to repair the Outer Sheet, Mesh and Inner Sheet around the Kevlar Cord.. Watch. This. Space. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4426.JPG
    IMG_4426.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 792
kingroon":2shspn8o said:
So, I opened a very Hairy Can of Worms yesterday with a delaminated Tioga Disk Drive.. :shock:
.. Watch. This. Space. :cool:

I will do with interest.....reminds me of delaminated MagnePlanar speakers :facepalm:

boxxer":24vr73hy said:
I should send you mine to despair at then try to repair!
To be honest, I really enjoy this aspect of a Retro Build :facepalm: :LOL:

On previous Disko Builds, I've had to drill the Disko Flange Mount bolts to get the old Hub out.. :shock: Luckily this one wasn't seized in that regard..

Re:

So.. The Disko..

Attachments

• 32085233115_990ee1e97d_b.jpg
    32085233115_990ee1e97d_b.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 732
  • 32046118076_c70ea29101_b.jpg
    32046118076_c70ea29101_b.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 732
Back