1991 HAIRBALL TECHNO MANIA

Looks awesome mate, remember I've got some RS-1's and Porcs if you need, be interested in those cranks if your shifting? You need silver ones anyway......which I may have too ;)

Re:

Great bike as it is now. These frames are so wel built and really overdimensioned.
You can see that Koga did a good job selecting the right parts and colours. I love it.

A Hairball replica is absolutely very cool, but a 1991 SkyRunner in catalog spec is very rare, also in Holland. Personally I wouldn't opt for selling the original parts and I would avoid stickers on the frame like HBall has. Makes it possible to go back to catalog spec.

Re:

Parts Bin is filling up:

Disko - CHECK
RM17 Rims - CHECK
Black XT Hubs - CHECK
Porcs - CHECK
Mag 20* - CHECK
ANSWER Cockpit - CHECK
ODI Attack - CHECK

Have the OEM Kit to shift first, so that'll all be up for sale soon.. :cool:

* The RS-1 fork featured in the article had a pre-production proto Mag 20 style internal, increasing travel over the RS-1, so I'm running the Mag 20..

Re:

Excuse my ignorance, but is the rear triangle painted on Herbold's bike, or is it carbon like the main triangle?

Sounding good so far by the way. :cool:

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":1l3b69dw said:
Excuse my ignorance, but is the rear triangle painted on Herbold's bike, or is it carbon like the main triangle?
Yeah it's carbon [kevlar wrapped aluminium?].. Proto strikes again :cool:

I'll suffer the difference with mine and keep it raw aluminium..

Re: Re:

kingroon":3j0beqbw said:
* The RS-1 fork featured in the article had a pre-production proto Mag 20 style internal, increasing travel over the RS-1, so I'm running the Mag 20..

Are RS-1 and Mag the same diameter stanchions? I wonder if you could use Mag upper legs and internals with RS-1 crown and lowers assembly?

Back