1991 GT Xizang - Finished 13/03 pg3 - update pg4 15/01

nevadasmith":rstqkjmm said:
Here is a bit of an update; forks re-built, frame stripped of old stickers and poilshed, and built up as a rolling chassis.

Pretty pleased with the look of the fork/control tech combo. :D

I would appreciate your thoughts/feedback on the GT saddle - I also have a flight can't decide which one to go with.
Hi, if you decide to go with the flite saddle could i buy the gt one from you? ;)

lee-m.c.":3mq6fitj said:
nevadasmith":3mq6fitj said:
Here is a bit of an update; forks re-built, frame stripped of old stickers and poilshed, and built up as a rolling chassis.

Pretty pleased with the look of the fork/control tech combo. :D

I would appreciate your thoughts/feedback on the GT saddle - I also have a flight can't decide which one to go with.
Hi, if you decide to go with the flite saddle could i buy the gt one from you? ;)

You are next in line after gm1230126! To be honest I waited for ages for it to come up and have another GT to put it on if this ones goes with the flight ti so its very unlikley to go.

6.5x55":3nhdgplb said:
I had a set of those forks somewhere around '91. I loved 'em but the elastomer's would go a bit hard after a few hours in the Scottish hills :LOL:.
They also get a bit squishy in our summers :?
The upgrade path is s spring kit. I bought a set for my Manitou 4's from Mr Wings on Ebay. You are all set after that.

A bit of a overdue update on this build.

I have cleaned up the frame a bit to give it a bit of a sheen and applied some top notch decals from gil_m - thanks gil!

Anyone else experienced the 'butterfly effect' when doing a build? I have on this build :!:

It started when I decided that the XTII U-brake just looked too bulky on this frame so swapped it out for a diacompe AD992 one instead, this then necessitated a change to Suntour, (had to be XCPro), and these wheels had silver rims. These then didn't look right with the black finishing kit so that has been swapped out for silver stuff. (Still need the silver control tech bars if anyone has any :?: :D )

The saddle decision has been settled with a third option - Rolls Ti, (the king of saddles I think :D and well suited to the frame)

EDIT: Kaiser - I've taken your advice and gone for black gripe also!

Also I got a ti bolt kit for the forks and stem, just missed out on some ti stanchions as well, though they went for mega money so probably just as well :D pity though as they'd have finished this nicely - if it was anyone on here that got them I'm still interested :D

Just got to cable it up now but its too cold for that level of concentration at the moment!

Any comments/feedback welcomed :D

rimg1689.jpg

rimg1684.jpg

rimg1685k.jpg

rimg1686.jpg

rimg1690.jpg

Another top notch build fella. Nice choice of kit , looks really well balanced. :cool: Some of my builds seem to change direction after fitting a single part too! I've just put my silver control tech bars on my GT Bravado if i change them i'll let you know.

Latest posts

Back