1991 GT Xizang - Finished 13/03 pg3 - update pg4 15/01

Here is a bit of an update; forks re-built, frame stripped of old stickers and poilshed, and built up as a rolling chassis.

Pretty pleased with the look of the fork/control tech combo. :D

I would appreciate your thoughts/feedback on the GT saddle - I also have a flight can't decide which one to go with.

rimg0440.jpg

rimg0439.jpg

rimg04412.jpg

rimg04422s.jpg

agree the front end looks classic

& the Z max are a great looking tyre

imho the saddle choice depends on how you're going to proceed with the build - as the Manitou breaks the gt - rock shox original spec link you should go with the flite if you prefer. but i do like the studded gt seats...

Thats looking class :D The mani front end suits it and will look a bit bifferent from the herd. No really liking the grips or saddle though, plain set of foamies and a turbo or flite?

I have the same grips available in Black if you are trying to stick to period correct.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2763.l1259

One of the early builds on my 91 Xizang I also used the neon yellow grips with neon yellow cable housing and with the neon yellow decals it was decent looking but the neon yellow housing faded quickly so I switched to black

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I had a set of those forks somewhere around '91. I loved 'em but the elastomer's would go a bit hard after a few hours in the Scottish hills :LOL:.

kaiser":anr5z7w8 said:
Thats looking class :D

Thanks! :D it has been in the making for a long time so thats good to hear!

kaiser":anr5z7w8 said:
No really liking the grips or saddle though, plain set of foamies and a turbo or flite?

The grips were intended to match the yellow stickers and be a bit different - I think I'll get a set of the black ones off of gm1230126 as well to see how it works out for the best - the saddle I am going to let my behind decide on after a few rides!

Also I have been reliably informed by gm1230126 that its actually a early '92 model hence the change in name of the post.

daj":m0cpw0bf said:
Loving the build :cool:

you coming out for a spin when its finished? ;)

Yes definatley - I was thinking of doing the loop that was in the MBR UK ride guide last month - 22 miles, starts at wincombe but it goes near the A436 road the Andoversford so could maybe start a bit closer to home - will let you know when.

Radoslaw":fuwfqhhk said:
Sweet build, I actually like saddle a lot. Very hard to find.

Thanks, I think its going to stay. What did you poilish yours with :?: - looks awesome. :D

Back