1991 Gt Karakoram elite - finished

chrisv40":27yxse2z said:
Fantastic, love it :D

Cheers fella, gotta say - i'm kinda liking your karakorams too :cool:

First ride out to work this morning, accelleration is fab on these steel GT's

DSCN1595.jpg

Great job Lee. Glad you've gone for the u-brake/canti combo rather than the Maguras.

I should have my 18" version built up in the next couple of weeks.

drystonepaul":3cteqq0d said:
Great job Lee. Glad you've gone for the u-brake/canti combo rather than the Maguras.

I should have my 18" version built up in the next couple of weeks.

Yeah, guess there's enough braking power with a U-brake on the rear eh, like I said earlier - seems to be a lot of karakorams flying around at the moment - looking forward to seeing your 18"er :shock:

make sure you fit a flexstem tho so I can have your stem ;)

HELP!

I have an original '91 Karakoram Elite bought from new with all the original components (and a FlexStem).

The chain sucked up against the chainstay last weekend, snapped the chain and bent the middle and small chainrings.

I live in Australia now and would like to replace the chain rings but cannot get rings that will fit a 5 spider/arm crank... apparently its too old!

Can anyone suggest any replacement parts that I could order online delivery to Australia, to replace these. I'm afraid I don't have much of a clue. Should I also replace the bottom bracket at the same time?

Thanks in anticipation.

I know this is an old post, but I have one of these arriving next week. Can't wait! It was the first 'proper' bike I bought, and tried every bike in its price range as I saved up for it. It ended up getting taken to the tip in Leeds when I moved to the Middle East in 2008 (I was already there and wasn't asked). Looks like I'm going to be in need of quite a few bits and pieces though to make it as new.

Has anyone ever been able to recreate the paint finish and the decals / stickers?

Back