1991 Gary Fisher Procaliber: do you know anything?

Re: Gary Fisher Procaliber

aj":oxqgfgoo said:
Hi

I have a 1991 Procaliber. I bought it new in 1991 when I was at University in the UK. The US student I bought it off brought it over still boxed. He worked for a bike shop in the States. He unfortunately broke his leg soon after his arrival to the UK - I bought it in its box for very little money.

There are so many cool subtle features on this bike like grease points on hubs and pedals. It is very light and brilliant to ride. Gary Fisher signed the bike a couple years ago when a friend of mine used as a display bike on his stand at a show.

Mine is Tange Prestiege Ultralight Tubing, Suntour XC 9000 groupset and loads of Gary Fisher unique bits (bars and stem, tyres etc)

I've kept it original and I'll will keep it forever. I'll post some photos sometime soon.

There's a story you don't hear everyday...cool; look forward to the pics.

Fisher Procaliber

Well here in Australia when I started racing in 87 there was really only 2 bikes with XT worth having, the Fisher Procaliber and the Shogun Prarie Breaker team issue (a distant 2nd though)
The Fishers of this age were tange Prestige, Yellow fade to blue paint or I think later ones were yellow/red/black. I have a feeling they were Tig welded but maybe had a fillet brazed seat collar. Under the chainstay U brake and Fishers unique press in cartridge Bearing BB.
My understanding was they were basically the top of the range in a purpose built race bike but the MT Tam was the true top range bike and was fillet brazed.
I'm still looking for one now.
In 89 they started with the Supercaliber - alum frame Suntour XC comp (orange.yellow. black). AL-1 Alum frame Deore DX - green, and CR-7 Top of the range XT Alum front triangle with a bolted on cromo rear ( I had one of these)
There was also a hoo koo ee koo (HK11)

In order to support another resto project I've got to walk away from a 1991 Gary Fischer Super Calibre and various and sundry components.

The 19.5" frame is in its original Lightning Green paint w/shark detailing. Very intricate paint detailing (Fisher's signature, 'Man's best friend' in micro letters near bottom bracket, 'Evolution' on rear triangle).

As for components I've got a Suntour XC Pro 5 arm crankset, a blue anodized Vuelta chainring guard for it, a Suntour XC Expert right thumbshifter, what I think is a Ringle 1 1/4" (Evolution) headset) purple anodized, another Kalloy 1 1/4" stem, a Shimano XT skewer, XT V-Brakes (w/parallelograms), Ritchey cassette hub rear wheel, and other doo dads.

http://cmd.shutterfly.com/commands/...kebikegoodies&page=mtnbkebikegoodies&album=25

Should I eBay the Super Calibre frame, and the components as well? What is the best way to get rid of this stuff and get fair value? (Cranks on eBay have been going for zany prices $150+). Should I eBay each component and the frame seperately?

Should I even worry about getting someone who will restore this bike the way I wanted it done or just move on and use the moolah for the project I'm going to keep (road bike Mavic equipped 'Tout Mavic')

Mtnbke":2tz0i1w9 said:
In order to support another resto project I've got to walk away from a 1991 Gary Fischer Super Calibre and various and sundry components...

The 19.5" frame is in its original Lightning Green paint w/shark detailing.

I take it the frame was the exact same one I had... The shark head is on the top tube...blue graphics on super bright yellow/green.

Attachments

• Supercal.jpg
    Supercal.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 5,520
Re:

Old topic but I'm using it for a Procaliber related question.
The bottom bracket of the Procaliber was pressed in. I've got a Klein bb tool. Can I use this to replace the bb of a Procaliber?
Cheers :cool:

Re:

Just found this on Sheldon Brown. Fisher and Klein are Both 35 mm so the Klein BB tool should work on the Fisher also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180817-165058-270x480.png
    Screenshot_20180817-165058-270x480.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 196
I take it the frame was the exact same one I had... The shark head is on the top tube...blue graphics on super bright yellow/green.
If you know where one of these bikes is, I'd like to buy it. Any information is helpful. I had this bike in high school, yellow, blue great white shark aluminum bike. I have been looking for many years for one. Email me or text me josephleowesley@gmail.com, 215-589-0988. My name is Joe. Thanks!

Re: Gary Fisher Procaliber

There's a story you don't hear everyday...cool; look forward to the pics.
If you know where one of these bikes is, I'd like to buy it. Any information is helpful. I had this bike in high school, yellow, blue great white shark aluminum bike. I have been looking for many years for one. Email me or text me josephleowesley@gmail.com, 215-589-0988. My name is Joe. Thanks!

Back