1991 Alpinestars Ti-Mega - The update 23-01-12

Lets be realistic though, that crack was not caused by the courier. I cannot believe a claim has been submitted claiming it was.

You statement is much more elegant and focused than what I said. It must be English thing. I agree - if the frame was steel - it would be an easier fix as the steel can tolerate much wider temperature range. I hope there is a happy or at least neutral ending.

MN_Runner":2ttfkpjv said:
I am not real - my brain must be frozen in the cold but it is not cracked. It would be educational if you can point out what is (are) incorrect. The crack looks like it started just below the horizontal tube. It looks like a fatigue failure due to defect.

+1 on the fatigue, but not necessarily due to defect I think. No frame lasts forever, and the classics are no exception unfortunately. :(

Bram J":1qs4jva2 said:
MN_Runner":1qs4jva2 said:
I am not real - my brain must be frozen in the cold but it is not cracked. It would be educational if you can point out what is (are) incorrect. The crack looks like it started just below the horizontal tube. It looks like a fatigue failure due to defect.

+1 on the fatigue, but not necessarily due to defect I think. No frame lasts forever, and the classics are no exception unfortunately. :(

A good point. The best outcome out this is for the seller to buy it back. Repair would be cost prohibitive. Both seller and buyer absorb the shipping cost 50%/50%. There is no other outcome except for this route.

Rick Draper":2pguexc3 said:
Lets be realistic though, that crack was not caused by the courier. I cannot believe a claim has been submitted claiming it was.

Agree. Couriers are more likely to dent or bend a frame/tubes. This is a great shame such a lovely frame

Back